Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung S10+ starts beeping while playing music after a while

(Topic created on: 15-01-2021 04:22 PM)
Rickard
First Poster
Options

So, I've had an S10+ for 6 or 7 months and it's worked perfectly. Since a month or so it's suddenly started to beep every two or three seconds when I'm listening to music on a Bluetooth device. I've googled this and found the usual answers, the headset is connecting, the connection is bad, batteries are low and so on. I've investigated all these common solutions to no avail.

Once the beeping starts I cannot get rid of it without rebooting the phone. I've even tried to change to another headset and as soon as I connect it the beeping resumes. And it doesn't matter which headset I use, after half an hour or so it starts. It will even start without playing on maximum volume.

I lean towards something on my phone since it occurs on any headset; an app, a warning sound for listening to music too loud for too long or something like that. But I haven't found anything. I've uninstalled apps that I think could have anything to do with it, made sure the headset is charged and have a good connection. It happens at any location, so I'd think environmental disturbances to the Bluetooth radio is eliminated.

My wife who's has an S10 for some length of time doesn't have these issues.

I always install the latest version when it arrives, so all software should be updated and good.

Thankful for any help I can get. Else my next step is to reset the phone completely.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Rickard ,

how strange! Is this happening whilst you are listening to music from a particular app? Have you made any changes to the phone recently (downloaded any new app for example)? 

0 Likes
Rickard
First Poster
Options

It gets even stranger. It happened earlier today and I stopped listening to music (on Spotify). Later, several hours, I was at a restaurant and increased the media volume, and now the beeping continues on the phone itself. Even now when I'm back home it continues.

I've shut down all running apps, not installed any new significant apps that I can remember, just apps I've used before. I've tried to turn off services and checked app rights that I can think of.

The beep is the 'standard' notification beep repeated approx every three seconds.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Can you try your phone in Safe Mode to see if a third party app is causing this to happen @Rickard ? To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart, and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode.

0 Likes
Rickard
First Poster
Options

OK, I'll try that...

0 Likes
Rickard
First Poster
Options

OK, some news. Suddenly it happened when a notification went off. But this time it appears to be three different beeps, like three notifications going off in loops with slightly different time intervals. So I set out to forcefully close apps from Apps in config (not only closing them from the ui). I did one after another and once I got to Google Assistant alla beeps went silent. Thinking back, tjis may have started about the time I bought a Google home assistant device and configured it. And the notification that set this off today was when I passed a camera that registers movement and sends an alert to my phone. And, yes, it is connected to my Google assistant hub.

0 Likes
MrFelicia
First Poster
Options

Hi I have an S10+ also and a friend of mine has a S10 but he never gets this problem but I have the same problem and most times I am just obligated to restart my phone so it can stop it mostly only happens when I'm listening to music via my earpiece 

0 Likes
AmericanIdiot
First Poster
Options

I find that turning your phone to do not disturb gets rid of the very annoying beeping.

0 Likes
CRomero00
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, I have a S10+ with Android 11. But I think the issue also showed in Android 10.

It started when I got a Bluetooth Bose headphones around 1 year ago. I have other Bluetooth headphones, but only with the Bose headphones the beeping loop happens. And it starts, after I receive a notification from an incoming message from Teams, Messages or Whatsapp. I can avoid the issue by entering Do Not Disturb mode, but then I miss calls and all other notifications. And the only way to stop the phone from beeping is, as mentioned in other comments, by resetting the phone.

0 Likes
Rickard
First Poster
Options

I have a lead for you regarding this issue. I have since exchanged my phone, so I no longer have this issue, but I did manage to stop the beeping to occur by disabling the Google Home/Assistant application. I don't know if that is the true source, but it did stop the beeping for me. If I enabled it again, the beeping resumed.

0 Likes