Did you mean: 

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 nearly catch fire

(Topic created on: 18/02/21 10:56)
Aig20
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

On 2/02/2021 my daughter plugged her six-month-old Samsung Galaxy S10 to charge using the original charger and a few minutes later she shouted that it's smoking and has a burning smell. I disconnected electricity from the main switchboard and contacted Samsung promptly. The Samsung asked to send the phone for inspection, which I did. Few days later (9/02/2021)  I received the engineer report stating:  “The engineer has concluded that:
Charging port is burnt due to liquid contamination.” The phone has never been dropped into water or neither directly exposed to water or any other liquids. Some may say that it could be used in the rain or the bathroom, which its not a case in our situation. As you know, the Samsung claim that Galaxy S10 has the highest IP68 rating, using the Ingress Protection rating system. The dust rating is 6 (highest level of protection), and the water resistance rating is 8 (water-resistant up to 5 feet for up to 30 minutes). I called a few times to Samsung customer service to ask for further explanation but didn't receive any. They plainly said that they will stand by their engineer report and the guarantee no longer covers the phone. Also, I will have to pay for repairs at £319. I was so angry. The Samsung was lucky enough that the phone didn't explode in the child's hand and nobody was injured/died, and no harm was done to the property. I called the Trading Standard to get some advice. I will not stop until Samsung will investigate this and will take seriously this problem. 

3 REPLIES 3
Cejay
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I've just bought a S10+ and now that I've heard of your problem I will not use the charger. I'm still trying to find a way of registering my phone with Samsung to get a guarantee.
0 Likes
Aig20
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I am hoping you will not encounter any issues with your device. A little bit of warning in advance. Samsung will override guarantee if you will use not the original charger. 

0 Likes
Cejay
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Russian Roulette
0 Likes