18-02-2021 09:56 AM in
On 2/02/2021 my daughter plugged her six-month-old Samsung Galaxy S10 to charge using the original charger and a few minutes later she shouted that it's smoking and has a burning smell. I disconnected electricity from the main switchboard and contacted Samsung promptly. The Samsung asked to send the phone for inspection, which I did. Few days later (9/02/2021) I received the engineer report stating: “The engineer has concluded that:
Charging port is burnt due to liquid contamination.” The phone has never been dropped into water or neither directly exposed to water or any other liquids. Some may say that it could be used in the rain or the bathroom, which its not a case in our situation. As you know, the Samsung claim that Galaxy S10 has the highest IP68 rating, using the Ingress Protection rating system. The dust rating is 6 (highest level of protection), and the water resistance rating is 8 (water-resistant up to 5 feet for up to 30 minutes). I called a few times to Samsung customer service to ask for further explanation but didn't receive any. They plainly said that they will stand by their engineer report and the guarantee no longer covers the phone. Also, I will have to pay for repairs at £319. I was so angry. The Samsung was lucky enough that the phone didn't explode in the child's hand and nobody was injured/died, and no harm was done to the property. I called the Trading Standard to get some advice. I will not stop until Samsung will investigate this and will take seriously this problem.
18-02-2021 09:34 PM in
20-11-2021 02:06 AM in
Hi, I just saw your post regarding the Galaxy s10 series that has the burning smell. I have the same issue now, was just charging my s10e phone just last week, and suddenly theres a burning smell, and the phone wont turn on anymore. I sent the phone to Samsung as its still under warranty, but I got a report saying its not covered as its is due to physical damage. I refuse to accept it. Did you get your phone issue solve. If yes, can you please help me. They offer to give me discount of AU $110 for a repair that will cost AU$846. What a joke. Would be very much appreciated if you can give me advise.
01-12-2021 09:13 AM in
Same issue here with samsung s21+ . Asked for an indepth explanation and report regarding this and the team just said that engineer has concluded there is liquid contamination and thats it, I asked for the reports and in depth explanation, which they refuse to provide. It nearly exploded by overheating and burning, luckily I checked it before going to sleep, otherwise it could have ended very badly. It still has a guarantee for a year, but they refuse to be flexible and provide a good service.
Unfortunately, I do not trust the Samsung anymore, this has never happened with Iphone. The best advice I would give anyone is not to get Samsung, because this is just a one big money extortion scam!