Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My S10e is broken and unstable after updating to Android 12

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 01:54 PM)
pkdan
Apprentice
Options

I have avoided any updates for a year at least now until I head that you get a notification when microphone and camera are used so I decided to do every update including the January 1st security update. Following the updates my phone has been completely destroyed, everything is crashing, is bugging out. To name a few:

- Notifications no longer pop out (I need them for for bank related apps)

- YouTube app and YouTube music no longer work or crash down often

- As of 10 minutes ago not even Google Play Store opens up and I need to cancel a subscription

- Browsing in Google Chrome crashes the application or is simply extremely slow and laggy

- Sometimes internet connection stops working while it is locked, I don't receive any Whatsapp notifications until I open the phone and the app

- I cannot find any of the named  applications to add them to Never sleep apps

Everything has been completely messed up. I tried with every app, every generic solution possible, cleaning cache/data, relogging, restarting phone many many times, tried in Safe Mode. Tried everything. I cannot reinstall apps such as YouTube since they came up with the device. I browsed through every setting I could find related to anything such as unrestricted background usage and so on. I cannot do a factory reset as I have many authenticators (either personal or from work) and the banking app and they require a lot of phone calls to set up. A fix for this update needs to be released ASAP as I understand that I am not the only one with a lot of issues after the update. An update should not require factory reset to work and even that is not guaranteed. Someone needs to forward these issues to either Google or Samsung, but very likely related to Samsung's update of the software.

21 REPLIES 21
Solution
pkdan
Apprentice
Options

I wanted to update on this issue. It was fixed after a factory reset, however the experience is still unacceptable. I had so many issues and apps not working, notifications not showing up. I obviously lost some of the data in the process and I needed a second phone to copy my authenticators while I do the factory reset. A software update should not destroy a phone like that. It shows Samsung is a VERY unreliable brand. Never in my life have I experienced such a disaster after a software update.

And since the phone was completely unstable I was unable to use Smart Switch to perform a backup as it would get stuck at some point. I had to manually move everything and it took a very long time. I used Samsung Members to report errors but nobody reported back to me. Only used it to contact support to investigate my broken phone.

Such horrible experiences will drive people away from your brand. I was hoping they learned not to destroy phones with software updates since Galaxy S4, but I was very wrong.

The real solution when using a Samsung phone is to never update the software once you have a version that works properly unless you are ready for a factory reset as well. And hopefully the reset is all you need at that point.

KC_63
First Poster
Options

Same here...I have Galaxy S10e was on version Android 10 - G970USQS4DTG1, used the Samsung Switch program and it did several updates. I am now on Android 12 - G970USQU6HULD.

My problem is the mobile data is not working, 4G is not working even though looking at the SIM Status it shows its connected.

I've cleared the cache in the partition, pulled the sim card and restarted, inserted sim card and restarted in safe mode, tried to edit APN settings or ADD - but those (including the ADD button) are now greyed out, you can only view them. That was never greyed out on Android 10.

My google was crashing too, but that did an update and resolved itself.

I tried to ROLL Back to the above Android 10 version using ODIN, but it came back with the error:

sw rev check fail: fused 6 > binary 4

I think version 12 is a different binary number so you can't go backwards...this is crazy. Samsung Switch should not have pushed an update if the its going to break things. Now I have no mobile connection.

I'm on PagePlus (it runs on the verizon network).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or how to roll back to Android 10 would fine too as that one was stable.

RESOLVED: I chatted with PagePlus and they had to assign a different APN name after the update....now it works!

0 Likes
martinbangsoe
First Poster
Options

I experienced exactly the same issues after updating to Android 12 today after putting it off for a loooong time. Nothing works, sluggish performance, gets hot, drains battery.

I'm about to do a factory reset as well. Don't know what else to try.

0 Likes
saraLala
Explorer
Options

Same problem here! 

0 Likes
saraLala
Explorer
Options

I can't believe Samsung treats customers like that. They just ruined our phones and the only solution that may or may not work is factory reset? We paid a lot for those phones. Can't they just make another update that fixes those issues? This can't be real.. omg

Joe9tee
Journeyman
Options
For anyone struggling with their phone after the update, try updating your antivirus software. I had the same problem of only being able to use one app at a time and screen freezing etc.

Turns out Mcafee hadn't updated properly, as soon as I did so the phone has since worked a treat.
0 Likes
bigmanke6
First Poster
Options

I can confirm I have problems with unreliable notifications appeared only after the Android 12 upgrade. I have been using Android 12 and One UI 4.0 on my Samsung Galaxy S10e in past 1 month+. Whatsapp, Gmail, Messenger etc. notifications don't popup as I receive something (sometimes they pop-up later when I open the app).

0 Likes
ShezKrafty123
First Poster
Options

Absolute disaster after this update. As if pushing me to a new phone. Great but I just do not have time for this ***** right now.  The update uninstalled several apps like FB Instagram, Twitter, FB messenger, and a few others. 

The network is up and stable on all other devices, it shows connected on the phone and I can sometimes post to FB however several apps will not see it as available and tell me I am offline. Chrome, Youtube, any streaming service, Gmail, SMS messaging. Instagram (after a reinstall)  Even AOL - yeah yeah I know I am like the Last Blockbuster with that address but when all else fails it still works. 🤣

I don't know if it is Sprint wanting me to move to TMobile or what but ever since this Android 12 update last week, nothing works properly or consistently EXCEPT FOR the $&#*!! VR Gear uninstall message which appears on every phone reboot then pushes me over to a Facebook update? Like I remember that password? 

This has been the definition of SUCK since it started. Besides getting a new phone or doing a factory reset, what are others in this community seeing as options?

AIn't nobody got time for this!

Thanks - girl lost in Samsuck land! 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi there @ShezKrafty123 

Truly sorry to hear about your experience, but please do send in an Error Report within 15 minutes of the issue occurring, alongside a detailed entry, so our engineers can take a closer look at the issue. You can do this by heading into the Samsung Members app > Get help > Error report. 

0 Likes
MizzMarjSap
Apprentice
Options

I don't know if I had all of your same issues, but whatever issues I did gave were resolved when I updated McAfee so. Thank you!!!

0 Likes