Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My S10e is broken and unstable after updating to Android 12

(Topic created on: 27-01-2022 05:59 PM)
pkdan
Apprentice
Options

I have avoided any updates for a year at least now until I head that you get a notification when microphone and camera are used so I decided to do every update including the January 1st security update. Following the updates my phone has been completely destroyed, everything is crashing, is bugging out. To name a few:

- Notifications no longer pop out (I need them for for bank related apps)

- YouTube app and YouTube music no longer work or crash down often

- As of 10 minutes ago not even Google Play Store opens up and I need to cancel a subscription

- Browsing in Google Chrome crashes the application or is simply extremely slow and laggy

- Sometimes internet connection stops working while it is locked, I don't receive any Whatsapp notifications until I open the phone and the app

- I cannot find any of the named  applications to add them to Never sleep apps

Everything has been completely messed up. I tried with every app, every generic solution possible, cleaning cache/data, relogging, restarting phone many many times, tried in Safe Mode. Tried everything. I cannot reinstall apps such as YouTube since they came up with the device. I browsed through every setting I could find related to anything such as unrestricted background usage and so on. I cannot do a factory reset as I have many authenticators (either personal or from work) and the banking app and they require a lot of phone calls to set up. A fix for this update needs to be released ASAP as I understand that I am not the only one with a lot of issues after the update. An update should not require factory reset to work and even that is not guaranteed. Someone needs to forward these issues to either Google or Samsung, but very likely related to Samsung's update of the software.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
pkdan
Apprentice
Options

I wanted to update on this issue. It was fixed after a factory reset, however the experience is still unacceptable. I had so many issues and apps not working, notifications not showing up. I obviously lost some of the data in the process and I needed a second phone to copy my authenticators while I do the factory reset. A software update should not destroy a phone like that. It shows Samsung is a VERY unreliable brand. Never in my life have I experienced such a disaster after a software update.

And since the phone was completely unstable I was unable to use Smart Switch to perform a backup as it would get stuck at some point. I had to manually move everything and it took a very long time. I used Samsung Members to report errors but nobody reported back to me. Only used it to contact support to investigate my broken phone.

Such horrible experiences will drive people away from your brand. I was hoping they learned not to destroy phones with software updates since Galaxy S4, but I was very wrong.

The real solution when using a Samsung phone is to never update the software once you have a version that works properly unless you are ready for a factory reset as well. And hopefully the reset is all you need at that point.

View solution in context

21 REPLIES 21
pkdan
Apprentice
Options

Are there users who can confirm that this works? I don't understand how it can correct itself while crashing every app that I need to use. It's been a day already and so far it is worse. As of today Google Play Store is not working anymore which makes it dangerous to even factory reset if I cannot get any of my apps back or even updated. I could end up with a brick if that happens.

How is it privacy driven to visibly block apps from loading or crash them down? Why is there no warning about such an AI that inspects my use patterns? How is it protecting my privacy when it literally blocks me from cancelling a subscription? Nothing makes sense about this.

KholaI
Options

Hi @pkdan @Anonymous User 

Please send in an Error report, so our software engineers can look into this further and get back to you with a fix. To do this, head into Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports. Please report the issue within 15 minutes of it occurring, alongside a detailed entry.

0 Likes
MT03Flyer
Apprentice
Options

I just installed the update and now I can not tap on the apps (well I can but it doesn't do anything). If I tap one of the three options at the very bottom of the screen, and then go back to home, I can tap once on an app and it will work, but only once. I then have to tap on the bottom again in order to enter into another app. ! PLEASE HELP      

Members_GIyrlnm
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with the s10e. Trying to go to recovery mode but can't. It's a nightmare. I miss Apple.

J1234d
First Poster
Options
Updated UL4 now all my apps don't work
0 Likes
Members_ikhJb44
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I installed the update last week and have exactly the same problem. Have been in contact with Samsung support twice now and on both occasions they have said that there are no reports of anyone else experiencing similar problems! They suggested that I clear the cache partition which didn’t work and then suggested a factory reset which I’m reluctant to do due to the hassle involved in having to set everything up from scratch again. Nightmare! 

Joe9tee
Journeyman
Options

Hi I've been experiencing the same problems since the latest update. Not happy whatsoever. Have you managed to find a fix?

langga
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

Same thing for me on my S10, it suddenly stops responding to my taps and have to restart just to make it workable again. What is happening here?

Members_tqF3pPo
First Poster
Options

I have this issue too.  Can only open 1 app at at a time.  Then have to close all before I can open a different one.  I have deleted all apps that I dont use much as well as most recently added. Phone works OK in Safe Mode with apps that are available in that mode.

0 Likes