Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone receives texts from friends' disconnected numbers

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 09:15 AM)
Oneoffhopefully
Apprentice
Options

You read that right...
It started off with one friend, who got a new phone number. He'd then text me with his new number, and every other text he sent me, appeared as his old number, or new one. No pattern to it.. some days all came from his new one, other days all from his old one.

However, if I replied, he would only get answers if I text his new number. Understandable.  It did mean that I have two different messaging threads for my friend.

And recently, another two friends got new numbers, and it's now started happening with them too... 

It's becoming a bit of a nightmare and I don't know how to fix it.. 

Any ideas?

I've tried deleting my friend's new and old number, starting again creating a new contact, but it doesn't help.. I've tried deleting my friend off all other contacts apps i.e. whatsapp or FB messenger.. just in case.. but it doesn't work.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. This has never happened on any other phone I've had, and I'm on the same network as I have always been on, so I have to assume it's to do with the phone itself. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
loribear1
Navigator
Options
maybe They've still got their old number still on fbook , ask them if they've changed it there , & in their own phonebook in their phones , i had to change mine in the phone names at the top of the list .
0 Likes
Oneoffhopefully
Apprentice
Options

Hey! Thanks for reply.  Alas I really don't think it's them.  With my first friend, the problem has existed for months now, and I'm the only person they have that problem with.. so it can't be about them.. it's gotta be from my phone.. surely...

loribear1
Navigator
Options
the only thing i can think of , is to do a full reset , then put your numbers in manually , but don't forget to write your numbers down so you don't lose them , sorry i can't be more helpful
0 Likes
Oneoffhopefully
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion loribear.. I'll hold back a little more before I consider that option.. given that it's not even a guarantee, that option sounds like a lot of hassle..  But thanks for the input in any case :smiling-face: