Did you mean: 

Original topic:

My phone is unable to receive android 10 update

(Topic created on: 07/12/20 09:05)
Ezeleo
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Why is my Samsung Galaxy s10plus not getting any updates at all not even android 10 update or security patch update why?.. it's always saying the system is updated, i don't understand why..

Screenshot_20201207-085536_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Where are you located? Have you tried to update using Smart Switch?
Shaunovsky
Observer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
perhaps your device has been rooted or you've downloaded and flashed a rom from a third party?
0 Likes
Ezeleo
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It's a new device I bought some weeks ago

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Where are you from? I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate, but I'm sure if the phone's CSC doesn't match the country and sim card you are using it in then it won't be able to pull updates from the servers? Your CSC is XAA which from a quick Google search seems to be a USA code.
0 Likes
NitinMakwana
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Even I got new S10 lite few weeks back and ever since then it is stuck on September update. I have got Spanish version and I am using UK sim card in UK. How can I get latest security patch
0 Likes
NitinMakwana
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@Ezeleo did you manage to fix this?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Ezeleo: Further to the advice offered by @Ksmy89, if your device was not intended for use in your current location, then this can create compatibility issues with any available updates, due to variances in our software from region to region. If you have attempted updates over-the-air via Settings > Software Update, and have been unsuccessful, then you may wish to try proceeding via Smart Switch on your home computer. With this in mind, please follow the link below, select 'How Do I get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' and download the relevant version. Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S10 using your official USB cable, and look for an update prompt on the Home screen, next to your device details. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

0 Likes
NitinMakwana
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@AndrewL I have already tried this it shows no update
0 Likes