07-11-2023 09:28 PM in
HI @geriann Ned to check if any issues highlighted in Diagnostics,go to Samsung Members-Support-Phone Diagnostics and check cable charging.
if no apparent errors best to clean the charging port even if you do not see debris/moisture which can effect the process.
Have any third party apps ben installed recently as some apps can cause issues. Try running your Device n Safe Mode and if it works there would indicate such a scenario. see details here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/
I am aware that some customers have found charging issues are solved by clearing the cache partition. Steps are as follows:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.