Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ENTIRE camera roll is gone.. help me please

(Topic created on: 12-07-2022 06:22 PM)
Halo B
Apprentice
Options

ALL of the pictures I took, THOUSANDS, are gone! Just out of no where!! I don't know how to fix it, I restarted my device, i don't know what else to do! All those pictures I had are gone... even gone on one drive.. why?! How do I fix it?! I NEED those pictures! When I go to camera and try to enter my camera roll, it says there's no pictures... I didn't do anything, it isn't in trash, NOTHING!

Screenshot_20220711-160334_Camera.jpg

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
For them to have gone both from your device and also OneDrive then it sounds like they have been deleted from one side (or lost on your S10 due to system issue) and then the deletions have been synced.
- Are there any files within the 'Bin / deleted' folder on OneDrive?
- were the files stored on your handset or a memory card? If memory card then could indicate that the card has failed. There is a possibility of recovering files from the memory card but to increase the possible success of that then the card needs to be removed from your handset as soon as possible as the longer its there the more damage and risk of irretrievable losses. Happy to advise you on data recovery process.

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Did you back them up to Google Drive as well?
0 Likes
Halo B
Apprentice
Options

I don't have anymore room on Google drive..

0 Likes
Halo B
Apprentice
Options

I checked Google photos to make sure and there's only 3 recent ones. None are what I had

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
In your situation now, it's not nice to hear but I personally don't trust OneDrive. It messed me around on my laptop with photo's. So I vowed to never use it. Have you checked out what Richmar83 has suggested, some good tips there?
I always recommend to people to use a SSD. I use a T7 Touch from Samsung and highly recommended it. Transfer speeds are very fast and storage is safe.
I hope you eventually find them.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
It might also be worth you checking the My Files app on your phone. Looking in the Internal Storage section and check every folder. Even though the photos are not showing in your gallery. There's a possibility they could of moved to another folder inside there somehow.
0 Likes
Eiglas
First Poster
Options
Do you have Dropbox at all? Every photo I take automatically goes to Dropbox 'Camera Roll'. Worth a look if so.
0 Likes
Halo B
Apprentice
Options

I have that I think but mine isn't connected to drop box unfortunately

0 Likes
Halo B
Apprentice
Options

I checked and they're no where to be found... I don't know how in the world they were deleted yesterday because even though I was a bit loopy from anesthesia yesterday, I was still there enough to not accideny clear my whole camera roll

0 Likes