Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mute video

(Topic created on: 23-07-2022 07:39 AM)
Chunks66
First Poster
Options
Hi all, when I record video things go weird. On playback the video is automatically muted. I can hear sound if I unmute on each view but if I forward video to someone they can't hear it. Any ideas?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Chunks66 Hello, since Android 12, I think, the videos in the Gallery are muted by default. You have to activate the sound.
But sharing the video and the recipient receiving it without sound is a reported bug.
First, check in the camera settings / Videos, have the option Reduce file size disabled.
Second: Try the following. Before sending the video, open it with the video editor and with the option :Save as a copy, save the video and then -send it.
Greeting.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Cheetahchic1
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. My videos record audio fine, but I have to unmute them to hear them.  Then the next time I want to watch the same video, I have to unmute it again.  Plus, when I include clips in a highlight reel, for example, the clips' audio is muted.  This happens in Galaxy and Google Photos.  The audio plays automatically if a clip is opened in Video Editor, but there is no way that I can see to do a highlight reel in Editor.  I'm seeing complaints about this from.two years ago; it's unfathomable it still hasn't been fixed.

0 Likes
Cheetahchic1
First Poster
Options

Problem solved. I downloaded another video creator and the sound works perfectly.

0 Likes