Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages keeps opening by itself

(Topic created on: 22-01-2022 02:08 AM)
Colours
Student
Options
Every 5 minutes or so the messages app keeps opening and will take me out of full screen. But when I press the tab button and touch the messages app it dismisses the open apps menu. Using galaxy s10+ btw.

Messages opened it self

32 REPLIES 32
Seanbunchofnumbers
Apprentice
Options
Likewise with my S20+ 5G. But only for last couple of days, despite last system update on 5th Nov.
It's more than a little concerning that the message app repeatedly open on its own after a few minutes (42x yesterday, over 20x this morning).
Forcing a stop doesn't work, nor reboots.
It does seem like a security issue.
0 Likes
Seanbunchofnumbers
Apprentice
Options
In settings that nag from Google to use their messaging is no longer accessible (selecting chat settings does nothing and after a few selections gets greyed out).
Are the two things linked?
0 Likes
FadiNass
First Poster
Options

I have Note 10+ and I'm experiencing the same issue since the last android update. Every while (around 5min) messages app opens by itself which leaads to minimize the screen if you are watching anything in full screen. If you click to check the opened apps in the background you can see the messages app running, if you select it nothing happens and it does open but it remains running until you dismiss it.

0 Likes
Leash
Student
Options

I have the exact same problem and it has been doing my head in trying to find a fix. I have followed your instructions and have deactivated 'always on top' so fingers crossed this fixes it for me too. Thanks for sharing what you did!

0 Likes
DanielCK
First Poster
Options

tenho esse prblema no meu note10+ desde setembro, +  ou- a cada 5 minutos acontecia esse problema. fiz o reset e continuou, não na mesma intensidade, parava mas sempre voltava. Mandei pra assistencia e la me falaram que não estava acontecendo esse problema mais. Pra voces acontecia o mesmo ? ocorria esse intervalo de não ocorrer esse problema e voltava depois ?

0 Likes
DanielCK
First Poster
Options

deu certo ? ou voltou o problema

0 Likes
Leash
Student
Options

I followed the advice of a poster higher up and it stopped the messaging app from trying to open on its own. I went to settings->apps->messages. Turn off 'Appear on top' then deactivate the ability for it to 'change system settings'. This prevented it from trying to open on its own. BUT, now I have another problem. When I try and use the messaging app it jumps or I will be typing and the words stop appearing on the screen. 

Whatever the developers tell you, there is definitely something wrong with the messaging app since this last update. I'm sorry you're having issues too.

maricath
First Poster
Options

I'm having a similar issue.  Sometimes I'm typing and 'the flash' as I call it happens and a letter gets skipped.  This flash still occurs even though I used the solution on the Message app.

I'm sure this has been happening for me since Oct 2021.

0 Likes
Tombloke
First Poster
Options

I've fixed it by switching to Google messages instead of the Samsung one.   It was winding me up using maps.

0 Likes
Martilulin
First Poster
Options

Well, Samsung Note 10+ is my backup phone and exactly same state as you described happened to me. For me not confident with Samsung garbage was first though my phone is hacked. Well all sorted because of this community...thank you. 

0 Likes