Did you mean: 

Original topic:

lost for words

(Topic created on: 03/03/21 10:20)
sarasphotobox
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
So I know I have been posting a lot about battery usage and how standby the phone Google services is the culprit of draining battery overnight. So it's been a few weeks now into One ui 3 and I cannot reiterate enough that Samsung have made a huge huge mistake in the whole update. 

- BATTERY DRAIN OVERNIGHT 
- PHONE GETS WARM 
- GOOGLE APPS CRASH 
- EVEN WHEN POWER SAVKNG MODE ON STILL NOTHING 

I think ifs fair to say enough is enough. I don't want to go to the darkside to IOS again when I upgrade but I feel that s21 users have had a hell of issues 

So overnight 10₩% woke up 7:50am 93%

I'm just lost for words 
0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43
AshS21
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
one thing I will say is don't go to ios, when I broke my s10 plus I went to iPhone 11 Pro for a change, the battery is amazing but everything else is awful, the ringer volume changes by itself so you can't hear the phone, the watch doesn't always sync with the phone correctly, and often text messages are swallowed or you don't get a notification and it just sits there, if your a chatter box and talk on the phone alot whilst your on the phone you get no notifications, when I came to back to samsung with s20 I noticed battery life wasn't great but aside from that the phone is perfect. I think if ever had any bad problems with samsung I would probably try Google or Sony
AshS21
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
to be honest Sarah 7 % overnight is good
WHATaTOPPER
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
turn your internet connection off when you're not using your phone for a considerable time like overnight make sure you're or synchronisation is turned off in the notification bar or just ended all and going by yourself an iPhone on the day I bought my S21 Ultra cash I was moving from the note 20 Ultra I checked the price of all flagship devices did not even get to the iPhone 12 because the iPhone 11 pro Max was £1499.99 which is actually £50 less than apple.co.uk that was in Currys
pete007
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I lose about 3% overnight, but turning down the brightness and apps sleeping along with dark mode.. its all been trial and error but it works for me.
0 Likes
AshS21
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I lose about 15% overnight 🤣 I think that's due to the AOD though as the phone doubles as a bedside clock
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
7% overnight is good for a phone, thats having to constantly sync and listen for incoming calls or text messages, as well as apps connecting to the Internet checking for updates or social media messages, emails.

7% overnight, is less than 1% per hour, doing all of those tasks in the background. Id take it and run.
Only my tablet gets better standby and that's because i haven't put a sim it in and all background activity is turned off.
AshS21
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I think if your phone doesn't lose much more than 7% a night with AOD off I think your OK same with screen on time in my usage of most samsung phones 5-6 hours of screen time is normal, if you have a newer generation larger samsung like the s20 plus or ultra or the s21 plus or ultra I would expect 7-8 hours samsungs have never had class leading battery and because they are cutting edge technology they never will, yes apple get battery life but its last generation technology (other than the bionic chip)
sarasphotobox
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I just feel one ui has seriously screwed Samsung phones big time
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
yes apple software is last I mean same old chap every year . I have used iPhone in the past but somehow I felt it was a pain. I am going to get MacBook Pro M1 but it's ok cos I need a decent laptop but other than that phones always are android