Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Location tag in gallery stories showing country only

(Topic created on: 24-02-2020 10:35 PM)
LittleM
First Poster
Options

I have allowed a gallery stories on my Samsung galaxy s10, however every story is labelled as "Trip to England". As well, all the pics in my gallery shows England only. I live in England, so it's obvious that most of my pics are taken here, so it just makes sense for the phone to show locations naming towns too. Once I open picture details, it shows the precise address. Any clue how to fix this? Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Rich_S
First Poster
Options

I am having exactly the same issue. Used a Galaxy S6 for many years. Changed to Galaxy S10 and now find the picture location TAG says “England” rather than my precise location.

I went through the reset processes with Tec Support. The issue remains.

When I go to the picture, it states “England”. Then select the 3 dots (top right) then select “Details” the exact location is seen on the map. Still “England” is displayed as the location…

An answer would be good…

Rich :smiling-face:

Rich...
0 Likes
LittleM
First Poster
Options

Hi Rich, my phone has been updated automaticaly with latest upgrade couple of weeks ago and it seems like the issue has been resolved. My phone gallery now shows town, county names for the bulk of pictures from my trips, but I do get a random categories, like flowers or food now too!  Hope this helps! M. 

0 Likes