Original topic:

Light From Screen Lateral S10+

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 01:15 PM)
cgentil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Good Morning,

I noticed that my S10 + emits some light from the screen, where the black part is on the side. It looks like the black part is coming out or missing.

Whenever I see something with white or bright colors, if I look at the side of the screen I notice that it emits a little light over there and it seems that there is a lack of ink....

184cf97a846e8883721b99f81a70a3c8

Anyone else with that?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I've seen this before on some other phones especially the ones with curved displays.

Some more noticable on others.

As far as I'm aware is the way the phone has been assembled. Nothing is missing @cgentil 

Trouble is once you've seen it you can't unsee it.

Some I've talked to in the past have put a minimal case on the phone to hide it.

Hope that helps.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
cgentil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

If you look at screen sides you see 1-2mm black as rounded on above image.

If I look with atention on my lower left screen, and corner (where is supposed to be black as above picture), I see screen light, for example if it's dark screen I don't notice but if is white or other color I can see.

If I send the equipment to Samsung, I will loose water resistance IP68 or it will be same and original....?

I can't really show it at photo because it's a very small thing that a camera can't capture.

There is no damage, the screen is intact.

The photo was only a example of where it is happening.

If I visit a Authorised Samsung Repair Service it's the same thing? Or I must visit a Samsung Store?

Thanks

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@cgentil wrote:

If you look at screen sides you see 1-2mm black as rounded on above image.

If I look with atention on my lower left screen, and corner (where is supposed to be black as above picture), I see screen light, for example if it's dark screen I don't notice but if is white or other color I can see.

If I send the equipment to Samsung, I will loose water resistance IP68 or it will be same and original....?

No as long as the work is carried out by an authorised engineer your water resistance will remain intact.

I can't really show it at photo because it's a very small thing that a camera can't capture.

I understand.

There is no damage, the screen is intact.

It's how they are manufactured. Some show more light than others.

The photo was only a example of where it is happening.

If I visit a Authorised Samsung Repair Service it's the same thing? Or I must visit a Samsung Store?

You can visit a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre. Its makes no difference.

Thanks

Hi @cgentil 

Please see my reply in bold above.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

0 Likes
cgentil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Just to add, please see bold:

"If you look at the sides of the screen, you will see 1-2 mm black as rounded in the image above, which is normal.

If I look closely at the bottom left of the screen and in the corner (where it should be black as in the photo above),  I see screen light, for example, if it is a dark color that is not noticeable, but if it is white or other color, I can see the light being transmitted, but note that this light is only transmitted in 1 mm of this black part and only in the bottom left and in the corner, everything else is uniform."

Can I visit this one, Decsis in Portugal?

dbb9d0cc7702d3c154cde711b83d4f74

It is not a Samsung Technical Assistance, but it's a Samsung Authorized Technical Assistance.

Because from what I heard if I drop the equipment on other one like Samsung Technical Assistance, all equipment goes to that Samsung Authorized Technical Assistance, no one is repaired there AFAIK or should I really drop on Samsung Technical Assistance?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My personal knowledge base comes from being a UK user @cgentil  as intimated in my signature below.

You'll need to make contact with your own Samsung's Support Department for official clarification.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

0 Likes
cgentil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks for support