Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Last update : dual messenger broken

(Topic created on: 25-11-2019 02:29 PM)
CvAl92
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Since I updated to the latest build G975FXXU3ASJD, the dual messenger feature broke.

When I enable it for WhatsApp or any other app, I cannot launch the app as it crashes right away, same when I want to get the app info from the settings - > apps, I search for the app, click on it then I get "setting keeps crashing"

I've tried rebooting, disabling and enabling the dual messenger.. Nothing works.

Any help is appreciated 

Thank you

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @CvAl92 ,

are all the apps up to date? If so, have you attempted to soft reset the phone? If you haven't done so hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the phone restarts and try to launch any of these apps again to see if the issue persists. 

SteveW5
Student
Options
Having the exact same issue. Would love a solution as I'm missing out on lots of messages right now
0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Hi @SteveW5. Have you tried going through the steps @TessM had posted on here last Tuesday?
SteveW5
Student
Options

Hi Asad, yes I performed a soft reset but it hasn't made a difference. I think the issue has been occurring since I updated to the latest software.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for confirming this, @SteveW5. Have you checked whether the apps you're experiencing this with are up to date? Let's try clearing the cache and data from the apps this is happening with by going into Settings > Apps > 3 dots in top right > Show system apps > Find and select the apps > Storage > Select 'Clear Cache' and 'Clear Data'.
0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

The problem lies in the way Samsung is coding their devices, they're so worried about keeping you into their ecosystem that they're completely borking the system.

Samsung is living in the past thinking their competition is Apple and haven't yet seen people have moved on. You get customers by putting out a product that works no matter what app is installed, not by attempting to keep them into an ecosystem with things nobody wants.

0 Likes
SteveW5
Student
Options
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. No joy, I cleared cache and data for WhatsApp but could not even open the secondary what's app, again it crashed the settings app. Everything is up to date
0 Likes
BAhire
Apprentice
Options

Soft reset worked for me. Dual messenger is working now. 

0 Likes
AbuLuai
First Poster
Options

Soft reset works

0 Likes