Galaxy S10 Series

How can I stop this happening ? 

I'm having to restart the phone each time it does 🤬
26 REPLIES 26
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hi first of all loving the liver bird .. we are family ❤ ...

has this been happening after the update?
Mjf69
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
it has...
0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
ok what you might if you haven't is clear the phone cache.. sometimes what happens is when a major new update comes it overlaps the old and sometimes files get left behind so for me I always do a complete reset of the phone so it's fresh other people don't and only clear the phone cache which helps with clearing the old files. are you running the new one ui? 3.0
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Mjf69: Not sure what could be causing this. What happens if you tap the Home or Back button on the Navigation Bar? Can you try pressing the Volume Down and Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the software and address any temporary issues that might be a contributing factor? 

Mjf69
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
back and home button are covered and unavailable..hence the restart...have done a soft reset
0 Likes
Mjf69
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I am yes UI3 ...a full reset means remembering a lot of passwords etc...now that's a pain
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
try this first before you decide a full reset..

1. Turn off your device
2. Connect your device to the PC via USB (not to the charger)
3. Wait until the message that the device is being charged appears
4. Press and hold down the volume up and then power buttons and hold them untlil the device turns on
5. Recovery menu should appear
6. from there select "Wipe cache partition" (you can navigate using volume up/down buttons and confirm with a power button).
Mjf69
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I will give it a go 👍
Ksmy89
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Is that gboard you are using? Worth uninstalling the app and installing again as a fresh set it up? Or if you aren't fussed, try using Samsung keyboard instead?