Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2021 update photo issue

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 08:04 PM)
Bee1308
First Poster
Options

My phone did an update and it deleted pictures and videos from my SD card. They are not in my trash folder and no I did not back them up. I have pictures from a Grand Canyon trip and pictures of a friend who is no longer with me gone! How do I get these back? I contacted my carrier and they just say it's a known issue with the Samsung update. I need these photos back! Please help!! 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WRITE ANY DATA TO THE CARD.

remove the sd card, and plug it into a pc. Check to see if the videos folder is showing any data volume (for example, there is 4Gb of unaccessible video data stored there). Do likewise for the photos folder. If there is data there, you should now try to recover those files with a recovery tool, such as Zero Assumption Recovery (ZAR). Do a DEEP SCAN of the sd card, moving any recovered files temporarily onto your pc. You can copy them back later. Once you are confident that you have recovered all of your "missing" files, place the sd card back into your phone, then format it. Once you have done all that, drag'n'drop the recovered files back onto the card. Be sure to backup the recovered files elsewhere, such as to OneDrive, a separate USB stick, etc.