Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with new update s10

(Topic created on: 29-07-2021 05:45 AM)
Slb80
First Poster
Options

Since my partner has installed the new update (update 25/07) on his s10 (I'm on s9) he's now not been able to text me 🤷‍♀️

We can receive calls from each other and he can receive my texts but he is getting all texts to me failed. Other numbers he has no problems with so far. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rectify this?

We have cleaned down both handsets, turned them both off and on again, cleaned down excess cookies but still no joy. We are at a total loss. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Do you have Chat messages enabled on your device?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Slb80 

As a process of elimination to rule out network issues  / sim card issues can you try your sim card in another phone and or swap sims in the phone's and see what happens.

Have a word with your network provider customer services just to check theirs no issues there.

Delete all text messages and delete the number from the phone and reset it back up.

Check the phone's text blocking facility just to ensure the number isn't in there.

Clear the phone's System Cache Files.

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

This is just hopefully a glitch and self resolve.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes