Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my new S10 a fake copy?

(Topic created on: 27-09-2021 07:41 PM)
Billy250
Apprentice
Options

I've just received  a brand new boxed with shrinkwrap retail Galaxy S10.

I haven't opened the box yet - I stopped when I noticed the spelling error on the label  'DESIGNEN & ENGINEERED BY SUMSUNG MANUFACTURED IN VIETNAM'

Is there any way a genuine Samsung product would have that mistake on it?

Thanks for any replies.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Billy250
Apprentice
Options

Doh! Slaps forehead...  Sumsung my bad typo

But is the 'DESIGNEN' error not a red flag though?

CGriff36
Pathfinder
Options
If it has the punch hole camera at the front, its not a clone.
0 Likes
Billy250
Apprentice
Options

Thank you guys all for the replies.

I'm not at home at the moment so can't do any more checks on it. I got a family member to open the package and send me the pictures.

Maybe the seller has added the label with the mistake. I'll check it out when I get back.

I did ask them the direct question if it was a copy and I have a reply from them stating it is a genuine Samsung product so I have some cover if turns out not to be the case.

Thanks again

rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Here is a link to a video of all the things to check if it's fake or genuine
https://youtu.be/5gXo-OKZyvI
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
My money is on that it's genuine... actually... I don't know lol. I would love to see the outcome.
0 Likes
Billy250
Apprentice
Options

I'll be sure to let you all know the outcome later!

Might be a while until I'm back, unless I can get someone to look into it while I'm away.

Cheers

rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
So was the phone genuine 🤔
0 Likes
Billy250a
First Poster
Options

I've just got home this week and now had a chance to check it out.

It all checks out as genuine. Accessories, cosmeticaly, front camera, Bixby, and a fingerprint sensor that discriminates.

So I'm happy with it, just strange that it had the DESIGNEN spelling error in the label. Incidently the label was on the box under the shrink wrap and the IMI number on the box, and on the phone label and programmed in numbers match.

Any recommendations for screen protectors? So many opposing reviews on the Whitestone protector working or not working with the fingerprint sensor.

Anyway thanks guys for all the replies and helpful info. 👍

I had to re-register as Blly250a with a new email address to post this. Can't work out why. It wouldn't allow me to post with my old details, but I was surprised when it didn't initialy ask for a password to register for posting - so couldn't see how I could be re-validated at the next visit. I have a general Samsung account that I can log into but there's no route to this forum from what I can see.

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
DESIGNEN is German! Likely that your phone was intended for the German market. This can be confirmed by checking the phones CSC.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Ecapelle
First Poster
Options

Designen is perhaps german but the text is in english ?

Btw the german model is not the 973u.

Its probably a copy.

0 Likes