Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invisible notifications

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 10:20 PM)
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

Hello, it bothers me already for a while but I decied to write now after Android upgrade. Usually in the morning or around lunch my phone beeps with the default notification sound, but I don't see anything new in the notification pane! I found out there is a new item in settings called "notifications" where I can see list of recent notifications. That's great. However I have seen there WhatsApp but there was no new message or anything in WhatsApp, so I wonder wha it was.

Seems like upgrade to Android 12 removed the "quiet notifications" section in the notifications pane did it? Also it seems like the settings of which notifications should be quiet was removed and they are now all back to alert mode right?

Right now when I am writing this my phone keeps beeping every 5 minutes or so and I don't see any new notification or any notification with the current timestamp so WTH? In the settings / notifications I see the last one was "system UI". What is system UI notifying me about and why can't I see that?? I really hate to be constantly disturbed by some beeping. I always try to reduce these things to maximum extent, otherwise it would train me to ignore it.

3 REPLIES 3
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

not happening to anyone else? Today I heard it beep several times, no notification visible and nothing appearing at that time in the settings /notifications list either!

Swatter66
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and it is driving me nuts.  I am almost ready to roll back to Android 11.

McVitas
Pioneer
Options

In my case it seems to have stopped... Or maybe I don't notice it because Telegram is beeping more frequently now :-]

0 Likes