Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

iBasso TYPE-C DAC is not working in S10+

(Topic created on: 14-10-2019 04:38 AM)
AHHEYLI
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've tried connecting my iBasso DC02 USB Type-C DAC on my new phone Galaxy S10+, however, no USB device can be detected  (But my DAC is working on my other smartphones - Huawei mate 20 Pro and LG G5).

Already tried to select different options in the USB configuration under developer mode, but the problem persists.

I have to connect the DAC and restart the phone,  and it will work every time.   But once I detach the DAC and connect it back,  it fails again....................................................................................

Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Likes
Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
Solution
BluSleeper
First Poster
Options

Guys do not fret. There are two workarounds that I've discovered. One of them which is the recent more permanent one relied on talking to the right person at the right moment. Thanks to that person from Samsung Philippines. 

First, the temporary workaround was mentioned here. Keep it connected while rebooting and the system will detect it automatically.

For the permanent solution here it is:

1. Clear the USB settings of your Android device. Settings, Apps, Show System Apps, search USB Settings tap clear cache and clear data.

2. Perform a soft reset. In some phones power and volume down button.

Should now work without restarting it while it is plugged in. Tried plug and unplug multiple times. It now works! 

Hope this helps everyone! Pls post this solution on  social media. :smiling-face:
Henrybb
Student
Options

It is still not worked for my Note10+ device. Frustrated.😭

0 Likes
Blackbird1807
First Poster
Options

Hi, everyone! Yesterday I solved this problem! My ibasso dc03 was ok for three days, but then it started to flick and didnt respond to any action. The problem was in dirty USB input in my phone. I sprayed medical ethanol inside and blown for  a few times. Now it works without any problem!

0 Likes
kuatorang
First Poster
Options

Dc02 on note 9 no problem 

I want to sahre my problem Dc03 on Note 9

1. Plug in dac on usb c on smartphone

2. Pulldown notification bar.. and at bottom there are android system usb .. select

3. Select ceklist option 2 again and again till your dac detect (may be 5x but dont select too fast)

0 Likes
Sawyer86
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I have same problem with Exynos version Galaxy S21 Ultra.

I have ibasso dc03. It works when plug it to phone and reboot the phone.

I found a workaround.

Plug to phone and hold the phone in your hand and let ibasso device hanging, gently hold the ibasso and pull close to you it makes a wire a C shape. After this the phone will give power to the device.

Put your phone and ibasso to desk cause keep disconecting when just hanging in the air.

I have huawei matepad pro tablet, no any connection problem with that. Its related to Samsung devices.

0 Likes
THANOLICIOUS
Student
Options

Hello everyone, IDK if anyone is still having these issues wiht your DC03. I've found a permanent  fix that I discover and I hope this helps those frustrated. So, what I did was I went to apps, then search for apps and toggle on "show system apps" after that just type "USB and find one app that's called "Samsung USB C-headset" tap on that and go down to permission and give it access to storage and that's it! The light on the DC03 on the bottom should turn on to show that its working. Also, download the Ibasso app to configure it. This is a permanent  fix and I'm using AKG Hi-x55. For some reason samaung denies permission to the dac and you have to turn it on manually. Thanks and I hope this fixes your issue.

TechnoMack
Student
Options

This worked great on my new Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. It took Samsung over an hour of tech support to suggest I take it to a repair center. Thanks so much for identifying the issue as being with the Samsung USB-C Headset app permissions.

0 Likes
BloodNGuts
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here with Note 9 and DC03. Sent mine back as it was so annoying it was unusable. Unfortunately I bought it from a terrible online store which doesn't have any kind of refund policy, so they are sending me it back, or another one of the same model.

Sounds like we will be sending it back and forth to China forever at their expense. Be sure to avoid Tiki as they are too rigid with their policy. It's a shame as the sound was awesome when it worked.

My solution is to buy a phone with a DAC/AMP built in, an LG V50. Maybe the DC03 will work well and make that phone sound better, but it sounds unnecessary. 

I will be trying what has been said in this thread when the replacement is sent back, but even iBasso themselves say they don't have an option which works with Samsung. 

I love my S Pen though, so may just use the LG as an MP3 player. My Tab S7 Plus S Pen broke after a few weeks so I have to use the note pen on it. Might just keep the Note for the pen unless I can replace the S Pen- that gives me an idea for a thread. The Tab S6 Lite pen was far superior.

0 Likes
THANOLICIOUS
Student
Options

My solution has been a permanent fix so far and i haven't had any issues with it at all. It's samsung phones that remove permission from the DAC for some reason.

BloodNGuts
Journeyman
Options

That's good to hear for when they re-send it back. The manufacturer iBasso don't even know about your solution so I will let them know if it works for me, as there must be loads of us emailing them.

0 Likes