Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't remember my password since upgrading

(Topic created on: 24-05-2023 10:18 PM)
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
As title.
I was going to pass my older phone, an S10 to my son but after turning it on it asked got the password and surprisingly, I can't remember it. 

I've tried to unlock it via find my mobile, it's located etc but it has apparently remote unlock is off. This means I can't remotely erase the data neither. 

What else can I try because I'm all out of guesses at the moment. 

10 REPLIES 10
kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
Try Google find my device and try to remotely easy it from there
0 Likes
kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
Google find my phone is different from Samsung. It will give an option to remotely erase the data
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
Yeah I get that but it's not showing through devices there and that's probably because as the smart things site says "remote unlock" is off so it won't show up.

I've attached a screenshot. You can see my watch, s22 and tablet.1684962774480_1684962774470_0.png
kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
You will need to go into the recovery method and do a manual factory reset
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
I'm currently trying that by holding power and volume down button.

Waiting for the vibration and quickly changing to power volume up and bixby. But it just goes to the login/password screen.
0 Likes
kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
You need to have it connected to another device. It can be another Samsung phone or any USB using device when trying the the steps
0 Likes
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
Ah ok I didn't know. Could it work whilst charging or does that not count as a USB device even though its using a USB cable into a plug.
0 Likes
kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
It won't work by charging . It need to be another device
0 Likes
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
I've got to the menu and used the factory reset option by connecting it to my tablet. Thanks a lot for your help.
0 Likes