Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove or stop Gear VR Notification?

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 11:46 AM)
lacrimosae
Student
Options

I keep receiving Gear VR notification "Due to Oculus ending its technical support, the Gear VR service is no longer available for One UI 4.
Click the button below and follow the instructions to remove the Gear V apps installed on your device."

I click on the 'Uninstall' button and the following apps are removed from my phone-
Instagram
Facebook Services
Facebook
Messenger
Facebook App Installer
Facebook App Manager

All of which I need and use daily for business. I thought I missed a step the first time all these apps were uninstalled and I had to reinstall everything and log back in. So when the Gear VR notification appeared again, I clicked the 'Uninstall' button again to see if there was another window to deselect apps. There wasn't. All apps were uninstalled again.

I do not have any Oculus apps, or Gear VR service, on my phone. How do I remove or kill this notification?2022-03-02 08.43.41.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Wipe you cache partition and it will disapper
lacrimosae
Student
Options

Thank you for that suggestion. I tried that many times but my phone boots up normally despite pressing the power+vol up+Bixby buttons, doesn't boot into the recovery menu. Then in the normal startup lock screen it says "back up failed" or something like that. It disappears too quickly, can't see what it says.

Is there any other way to clear the cache partition? Thanks

0 Likes
Radioheadsmuse
Apprentice
Options
I get the same issue and nothing seems to fix the problem. I even called Samsung contact centre but they had no idea what I was talking about. We should not to wipe cache partition etc as previously requested. This should be a Samsung fix.
JOKER69118
First Poster
Options
Hi I have same problem every restart its back done all the above back again
Searched the phone for any gear fit or VR nothing
0 Likes
JOKER69118
First Poster
Options
Delete the app called gear wearable now its gone hope your find it comes with weather reports to uninstall delete that to
Worked for me hope it's helps
Only wish bixy could be completely uninstalled now hate it
0 Likes
Martin-UK
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue (on my Samsung S10), searched for "Gear Wearable" (as previous poster suggested) but don't have that app on my phone.

Been having this issue for approx 2 months now - if anyone finds a definitive fix for this, please let me know! 👍🏼

_jamesroy
First Poster
Options

Hi,
I'm having the same issue for a couple times now. As I was reading, it explains why my messenger app keeps disappearing!

I noticed that the notification to uninstall Gear VR only appears after a reboot. As long as my phone doesn't restart, it doesn't show back. Is it the same for all of you?

Options
  • Salut. Cred că te voi îndruma cu asta: Screenshot_20220425-175023_Finder.jpg

Apoi apasă pe app info, apoi pe cele trei puncte din dreapta 

Screenshot_20220425-175011_Settings.jpg

 apoi reset app preference 

Screenshot_20220425-175050_Settings.jpg

 apoi apasă reset și gata😁😁

Options

Salut. Caută în bară de căutare uninstall preferences app. Apoi apasă pe APP INFO apoi cele trei puncte din dreapta sus , și reset app preferences. Și gata