Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to Lock Video Exposure on Samsung Galaxy S10+

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 04:23 PM)
BSquared18
Student
Options

Hello,

I'm using my video camera on a Samsung Galaxy S10+ phone to video a TV screen to the right plus myself in the left foreground. The TV screen is showing a virtual table-tennis match I'm playing. My actual moves of the remote paddle can be seen in the left foreground.

I tap on the TV screen on the phone's viewfinder to (I wish) set the exposure for that part of the image. The exposure for the rest of the image isn't as important. However, after a short time, the TV's image being videoed becomes much too bright and washed out. Sometimes it happens if my arm, for example, comes between the TV screen and the camera. Sometimes it happens because of a change in the image of the table-tennis match on the TV.

Is there a way to permanently lock the exposure on the phone's camera so that it cannot change?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @BSquared18 ,

this is a feature that works automatically. When you move your arm, the light that the camera received changes so it does the image even after going back after the same conditions. 

0 Likes
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
I think you can set your camera to incandescent light. If you can, this might solve your problem.
0 Likes
Solution
BSquared18
Student
Options

Thanks for the posts. I found the solution on the Web. One of the buttons on the camera's home screen is labeled More. That descriptor is vague, but I learned that by clicking on it and then clicking on Pro Video, I get access to six controls, including aperture, that I can adjust manually. Having access to those settings is a great feature. The photo camera has the same features.

0 Likes