Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable software update notification?

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 02:51 PM)
MikeJunior
First Poster
Options

Is it possible to disable the annoying notification that keeps asking me to update the Android to version 11? I don't want to update obviously because I've heard it reduces battery life to some extent.

When the message appears, I am able to press "Later" and then it goes away, but it keeps reappearing after a day or so. Is there a way to make it go away permanently?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Badman
Pioneer
Options
You're lucky to get notifications. I can't even find Android 11 update even if hit software update manually. Not to mention that I have opted in for software update and notifications and yet for an year I've been waiting and my S10 is still Android 10.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Badman: If you have been unable to update to Android 11 via Settings > Software Update, then I recommend attempting the update via Smart Switch on your hone computer. With this in mind please follow the link below, select 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' and download the relevant version.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S10 to your computer using a USB cable, and look for an update prompt on the Landing Page, next to your device details. 

0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
@AndrewL , thanks for the suggestion. I guess I've tried every possible thing in the last 10 months including the one you mentioned, wrote lots on this forum which were later deleted by Samsung, spoke to the help in Sep who couldn't help and told me to wait.