Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with photos that have dissappeared

(Topic created on: 07-07-2021 12:20 PM)
CR90
Apprentice
Options

I recently upgraded to a galaxy s21 and have been working through sending my files across to my new phone.

I encounter a problem however where several months of photos have disappeared from my gallery.

I lost my dad to cancer after 11 months at 45 years old. I spent the last few months I had taking photos, videos etc to have more to remember him by...

The problem I have however was that a video that's incredibly important and personal to me which I know full well I recorded and backed up onto my drive storage has now dissappeared from my phone or cloud storage.

I have photos and videos before and just after the date but I'm litterely missing around 2 months of personal pictures, the video in question was of my parents 25th wedding anniversary where my dad gave me the a speech to everyone and my mum.

Now this video is gone, it's not in my internal or cloud storage and i really don't know what to do, I'm quite in disbelief due to my cloud and internal storage acting like those days never actually happened when I know full well I did as I used to just sit and listen in repeat....

I really need some help with this as I feel Samsung has messed quite a few people around according to the messages on here.

I need that video so please, anyone I'm begging can you help! 🙏

12 REPLIES 12
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Hi there OK so firstly did you restore the phone from back up? Do you still have the old phone?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Also do you have an SD card as my mother in law had a similar issue and I found them all hiding on the SD card
0 Likes
CR90
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply, I currently using the old phone still as I have 3 days before I can transfer my number and such across for my new contract.

It hasn't been restored or anything, haven't had any issues since having it other than the photos that have gone from my storage.

0 Likes
CR90
Apprentice
Options

I also never used an ad card as I bought the larger storage device when I got the s10 initially.

Just unsure what to do 

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi, Have u checked the recycling bin in gallery as it might be their and would u know by chance if its backed up on Google photo or samsung one drive ??
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
OK so have the photos gone missing from the old phone?
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
I've had problems with gallery apparently loosing photos but I usually find them eventually by stumbling round stories and albums. Failing that try using MyFiles to look in different folders. I often do this via my PC using file explorer as it's easier on a big screen. I also manually copy everything to my PC, well I do when I remember.
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
Also if you still have your old phone, connect it to a PC ( I'm not familiar with apple stuff) and copy all your photos to that for safekeeping. Then you can copy them to where you like.
CR90
Apprentice
Options

i have photos on my phone from the end of 2018 up to now. the only pictures that are missing is everything i took in the two months before my dad passed. oct & nov

its like theyve litterely been removed as theres no activity at all for 2 months then back to normal

0 Likes