Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help find recipients FAST!?

(Topic created on: 07-11-2022 10:11 PM)
Ma_Otter
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I'm trying to recover a feature I've missed for several years now.

When I enter a recipient name, it gives very UNintuitive suggestions and I have to scroll forever to find the person I'd actually like to message.

For example, if I type "John" into the recipient bar, Samsung will show me a list of suggested contacts.
I will see hundreds of contacts  with names like "Aaron Johnson"; "Ashley (John's cousin)"; "Keith (John's coworker)" and I will have to scroll through many pages of contacts to get to the contact "John".

It wasn't always this way.  A few years ago, I remember feeling so grateful that the system was so intuitive.  If I typed "John" the suggested contacts began with people whose name began with the letters "J*O*H*N" rather than everyone in the alphabet whose contacts include the sequential letters "J*O*H*N".

QUESTIONS:
Is this the same for everyone?
Is this a setting I can change?
And if not, has anyone figured out a way to get around this?

I use Samsung messages on an S10 (though the problem is the same on my husband's S22).

Thank you very much for any insight into how I can address this frustrating issue!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
There is an updated messenger app that can handle your messages but I'm not sure if it works on an S10, try galaxy store? Other than that there may be something in the messages settings that may let you modify suggestions. Hope this helps
0 Likes