Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Green Tinted screen issue in Samsung Galaxy phones. Mine is s10e.

(Topic created on: 30-08-2020 12:58 PM)
t_singh
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

A lot of people are having this issue. Initially I though maybe this is caused by some app I might have installed but later after debugging I understood it has something to do with recent monthly OS security updates (Based on personal experience and debugging. I don't have any concrete proof but that circumstantial evidence suggest OS issue). 

I don't remember when I started getting this issue but it was surely in the Month of August that I first realized the problem.

So far I have tried below steps but non getting any permanent fix.

1. Restarted the Phone couple of times with no luck.

2. Uninstalled the apps that I had installed in recent time.

3. Restarted the phone in safe mode  to check any non preinstalled app might be causing the issue. Still no luck .

Getting Green Tint issue in Safe Mode.

Note: Resetting the phone is a very painful step to do. Losing years of Data and many more.  I highly doubt it will solve the problem but if you have the patience to do it and if the problem solves, do update.

As of now I have one work Around that I am using to reduce my frustration. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
Activate "Always On Display" from settings.

Now unlock your phone. The green effect will vanish for the current logged in session.

Always unlock once you have received "Display Watch" either automatically or by double tap (Based on the selection of "Always On Display").

---------------------------------------------------------------

Many of you might have noticed that when we receive any notification and "Edge Lighting" effect is on, while unlocking during this the Phone display opens normally.

During the initial days of getting the issue I though maybe my phone's display is broke and I might have to change my phone. I even started browsing s20 n few others. I just hope that this issue is fixed by Samsung in the next Software release.

5 REPLIES 5
Regnarts
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
My Note10 Plus 4G is excellent, but I still went ahead and got the Note20 Ultra. I just had to do it.
t_singh
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Just received Security Update for 1st Sep20. The screen green tint is not resolved. Same issue persist know also.

The update had few extra features still the problem is no resolved.

Highly disappointed samsung.

0 Likes
Telehubis
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

S10 Lite here with green tint. Even handled my unit for repair but they claim its 100% fine...

So far it seems I will not get another ssung...

0 Likes
Mateus Andreatta
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

S9+ problem fixed using this way

max1m11
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm also having this issue with a Note 9 - online support just tell me to take it for repair

0 Likes