Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMail app notifications

(Topic created on: 26-09-2022 12:13 PM)
Free_My_Soul_7
Journeyman
Options
My GMail app notifications are not appearing even though notifications are turned on via app & device. Not only that, a few other apps notifications aren't appearing either. I have to go into the app to discover I have received messages/stories/etc. 
9 REPLIES 9
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

If the device and app notification options are set up correctly, you can try the following options - 

1. Restart the phone.

2. Force restart the phone.

3. Clear system cache.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Hi Free_My_Soul_7
Hi sorry to hear about the issues with your notifications not coming through on Gmail and other apps i have the exact same problem, all my notifications are on but I don't receive then unless i go looking for them, if you find how to resolve the issue please could you message me and if I manage to get them going i will message you, good luck x
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Hi Neo001
I have tried those options, unfortunately with no success x
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Possibly to do with a battery saving feature which restricts app performance. Example shown in pic...Screenshot_20220926-215730_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Free_My_Soul_7
Journeyman
Options
Hi
Thank you for your reply.
Already done the phone restarting and that didn't fix the issue.
Not sure what you mean by 'force restart'?
Do you mean the GMail app cache?
Many thanks.
Free_My_Soul_7
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your reply.
Mine is set on 'optimised'
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
What I would ask out of curiosity is to see what happens when unrestricted is on... You can leave it like that for a few days then switch back and see if anything has changed or improved?
0 Likes
Free_My_Soul_7
Journeyman
Options
I did as you asked & nope, didn't work while in unrestricted but it did drain my phone battery lol
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I'm lost then... Might be worth doing a full back up... Hard reset then full restore... Or removing your Gmail then readding it...

Worst case scenario you may need to go into a Samsung Experience store to see if they can find any issues with the phone... But that's only going to be an option if you're near one.
0 Likes