Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR after update - S10 plus

(Topic created on: 29-01-2022 01:27 PM)
Solitaire1
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Since the latest update on my S10plus I keep getting a notification about Gear VR not being supported and to uninstall it, I press uninstall but it just lists Facebook stuff and says done, but then I have to update Facebook and log in etc, then the next morning the message that it is not supported is back. Anybody know how to get rid of this please?

103 REPLIES 103
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Hey @Solitaire1, hope you're having a fabulous weekend so far!

Are you trying to uninstall Gear VR through your app settings (Settings > Apps > Gear VR)? If so, have you tried tapping App details in store, and uninstalling from the store page itself?

0 Likes
Solitaire1
Journeyman
Options

Hi Josh, Thanks for replying! I don't have the app as far as I am aware, I cannot find it in my apps. This has just started popping up each morning since I got the update. When I press uninstall, it just list Facebook things, then I have to update Facebook and log in again, then the same thing happens next day. Frustrating!

Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Do you have a screenshot of the Gear VR popup by any chance?

0 Likes
Members_9tVE1EW
First Poster
Options

Is this fixed? I have the same issue. I do not have gear app on my phone. When the notification comes up I cannot disable it, as itvit greyed out. I cannot find the app in my apps list, so I cannot do anything about it.

Members_mNWd1z0
First Poster
Options

I am having exactly the same problem every morning. 

Solitaire1
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20220130-075320_Gear VR Service.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-075311_Gear VR Service.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-075251_One UI Home.jpg

  

Intherain45
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem! I don't have the occulus and never have. I've looked in my app and don't have the VR. I tapped the button and it Uninstaller my social media like Instagram and Facebook. Also have not been able to record sound on tiktok since the update but can in camera. So odd. 

Tarquin1
Student
Options

I also have this issue. When you uninstall it also removes messenger chat app. Is there a way to still have messenger on my samsung?

tmsr
First Poster
Options

Same S10 issue here following recent update install...cannot find any Gear VR app through settings and ***** notification appears every day. Come on Samsung...get it sorted!