Did you mean: 

Gear vr 325 and Android 12

(Topic created on: 29-01-2022 10:17 AM)
Topman53
Journeyman
Options

Hi 

Own S10 and Gear vr headset 

Yesterday I had notification re Android 12 and as with other previous software updates I downloaded it .

A notice came up about the non collaboration between oculus and Samsung and advising to delete all apps that I have installed on my s10 

I don't believe there was any warning about the effect of Android 12 on the Gear Vr before downloading which if correct I find completely unacceptable by Samsung

I have paid money out for the headset (not cheap) and apps!!! 

There is no ability to reverse the download I have been advised 

I have owned many Samsung phones over the  years and tracking S22 but may go to another provider  

5 REPLIES 5
Members_uX52KBk
First Poster
Options

I'm sad to say I'm in the same situation, absolutely disgusting behaviour shame on you samsung

Members_32sk6PZ
First Poster
Options

Me too just found this hoping to find a work around. Not at all happy.

0 Likes
Hutchy56
First Poster
Options
I updated on Monday and it keeps coming up woth the v r message if I go to uninstall it removes my messenger and now my messenger is playing up and I'm nor receiving messages any ideas?
0 Likes
SuJo47
Journeyman
Options
This is a disgrace. Fair enough the relationship with oculus had broken down, but at least make the gear vr work with Google cardboard vr
0 Likes
Topman53
Journeyman
Options
Just an update .... I wrote to Samsung uk stating that NO warning before downloading Android 12 ... NO email received etc
Software cannot be reversed, and they offered me a measly 30 quid in voucher form ie Amazon, etc
That no way covers the cost of headset and apps purchased in the past
For a telecommunications company they have failed abysmally imho
0 Likes