Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Gear S2 watch too old?

(Topic created on: 08-03-2019 10:10 PM)
Jen57
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I have received my S10+ today, and I'm in the process of setting it all up... But when I try to connect my Gear S2, it doesn't appear on the list of available devices and when I scan, the phone doesn't find it, either. Is the watch too old now? How can I make the phone find it? Kinda peed off about this, I wasn't planning on buying a new smartwatch, this one is perfectly fine for my needs. 😒

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
SjorsK
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Do you have bluetooth on at your watch and your phone and have the wearables app installed? Pairing goes though the wearables app
Fuzzysb
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My gear S2 paired with my S10+ fine. Just choose the my device is not listed option. You will need to perform a reset of the watch to pair with a new phone. So probably better doing this before hand

Fuzzysb
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My issue is that I can't wirelessly charge the gear S2 from the back of the S10+

0 Likes
Leeuk
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It's the same for me I can't charge my gear S2 sport  I does start to charge for about 10 seconds and then stops. 

0 Likes
S10S2gear
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My S-10 Plus will not charge my Samsung Galaxy gear s2  the phone  is a.week old and the watch is 1.5 yrs .old. just seeing if anyone else has has this issue

0 Likes
S10S2gear
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I have this same issue. Did you ever figure a fix out. You can text ne at 9125510706. I cant get anyone that knows about this darn watch
0 Likes
Allanmpmp
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My Note S10 is finding the Gear S2.  It is trying to pair but gets hung up for hours trying to pair.  It says finishing pairing and fills in 4 out of 5 bars.  I have reset my phone to factory settings,   cleared Data and Cache, and restarted the process the several times with no luck.  Any ideas about next steps?

0 Likes
Fuzzysb
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I had a Gear S2 and it paired with the S10+ completely fine, so unsure why yours is not working. but its not because it is too old. I recently upgraded to a Galaxy Watch as the Wireless charging of the watch was what i needed as i work away from home a lot. and the battery life of the Galaxy watch is soo much better than the Gear S2

0 Likes
JEPGearS2_8658
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have a S10e upgraded from S7 due to battery expanding. And I been able to connect only through bluetooth. But one problem that I have is that I have two watch faces I paid for back in 2016 when I first received the phone. So when you are connected you should go to the Galaxy Store on your smartphone S10 something and find on the upper right corner three vertical dots.  Then go to My page and select All. It will have Apps Themes, and Watch if your are logged in your Samsung Account. My problems in is the Watch Face does not appear on the list of availability. But find them under Receipts. THey are; Oakland Raiders Themed Special

@Jen57 wrote:

So I have received my S10+ today, and I'm in the process of setting it all up... But when I try to connect my Gear S2, it doesn't appear on the list of available devices and when I scan, the phone doesn't find it, either. Is the watch too old now? How can I make the phone find it? Kinda peed off about this, I wasn't planning on buying a new smartwatch, this one is perfectly fine for my needs. 😒

Face and Oakland A's Themed Watch Face (May 4, 2016) 

0 Likes