Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s10e Caller Issue.

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 11:28 PM)
ZionFreeman
First Poster
Options

Hello. I'm having some issues with sound during calls. When I receive or make calls, the other person on the call says that I sound choppy or that I sound far away.  I never had reception issues in my area, and there aren't any physical damages that I know of. This problem isn't consistent, but it can be really annoying, especially in important calls. 

I already tried:

• Troubleshooting my microphone.
  • Checking for system updates.
  • Using a wifi network.
  • toggling wifi calling.
  • And powering off for several seconds.

Did anyone else have this problem? I'm considering a replacement, but I'd like to see if anyone else has a better solution. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Can't say I've had that problem personally but looks like people are having all sorts of different problems since the new update. Samsung have made a right ***** of the the new update. Hopefully will be a new update in the next week or two yo fix all the problems people are having with this new update. Never seen so many different complaints about do many different issues with an update before. So would hold off as I imagine Samsung are working hard to get all these problems fixed. So hopefully get a new update in a week or two at the most...
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Might be worth contacting your network for a replacement sim too just to eliminate any network issues while waiting for any further phone software updates. Choppy calls I've seen fixed by replacement sim cards... but it can still possibly be phone related.
0 Likes
LeeB
First Poster
Options
Anybody figure out a fix for this
0 Likes
Marek Be
Student
Options

I have EXACTLY the same issue. I know it has been a year but feel free to contact me or anybody else. We will probably figure it out by comparing our list of app or settings we have. 😉

0 Likes
Ken2w78
Student
Options

Hello everybody, 

I have had the S10e since March of 2019 and initially, I don't think I had any complaints from others I've spoken to about my call quality on ***their*** end, but most recently I have been plagued by people telling me that they can't hear me, that I sound like Darth Vader or that I'm talking with the phone under water!  It's been awful!  I've gone through so many troubleshooting tests with AT&T and Samsung that at this point, I feel like I could work for either of those companies as a technician without providing a resume!!  I have changed the SIM out at least 3 times, received 2 replacement devices that seem to have the same issue, and have restored the 2 replacement phones I received buy downloading each of the Android updates to the device(s) sequentially, one at a time, which took an entire 9-hour day off from work to complete and still have the same problem with the outbound call quality.  The funny thing is that I can take videos with the phone and the audio quality is awesome, but when I make a call, it totally sucks and people say that they can't hear me well, that I am cutting off and the like complaints. 

I brought the replacement device into UbreakIfix (which is another off topic story, if you want to know, just message me in some way) to see if they could diagnose the problem.  The guy there told me that the motherboard was bad and that they would replace it under warranty, but when they did, the IMEI was coming up as all Zero's...which means that the motherboard would not work.  They put the original one back in and I never went back there again.  In the process of me dropping the phone off and going back 4 hours later to pick it up after the "repair" was supposed to be completed, the guy there told me that he couldn't find my phone and he didn't know where it is!  WTF?!   A day later, after reviewing camera footage, they determined that one of their customers "mistakenly took it for their phone".  Yeah, right!  Sounds to me like they stole it, thinking that someone would not notice. 

I'm using  another phone right now on AT&T's network and it seems to be making better calls where the person on the other side can hear me, but I don't like the phone and want my S10e to be fixed so I can use it again.  I love the form factor and the size and want it back.  Currently as of today, Sept. 13, 2023, I am going to an official Samsung Repair facility tomorrow to see if they can evaluate my phone and tell me what's wrong with it, all at my own expense because the 1-year manufacture warranty is expired and I wasn't able to put Samsung Care + on this device because it was already a replacement device for my original Samsung Care + extended protection plan. 

But yeah, call quality on this phone seems to suck, but I want to know the reason WHY!!  I can't figure this out and am hoping to get some closure, but with the new budget Samsung phone I'm using now, at least I have eliminated the "Network" side of the problem.  Now I know it is something to do with the phone itself.   Again, what it is will be determined at a later date and I will keep you up to date on this as it unfolds.  

Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help you with this issue.  Thanks very much!!

0 Likes
Ken2w78
Student
Options

I have been suffering with this same exact problem for almost 2 years now and I can't figure it out.  I had Care+ active on this phone and was sent a "new" phone that did the same thing, then was sent another phone and that phone did the same thing but Care+ ended and I couldn't get another one from them.  I brought the phone to AT&T and to a Samsung Service Center where they ran some diagnosis tests on the phone and everything passed except for the fact that the phone no longer had an active SIM installed, but all other tests passed!  I even changed my rate plan to the super-duper unlimited rate plan and that made no difference either.  It has been an absolute struggle for me with this phone with making calls.  Everything else functions absolutely perfectly and I love it a lot.  If I didn't like the form factor, the memory is expandable, that it has a 3.5mm jack for wired headphones and plays Windows Media Audio music files from my extensive CD music collection, I would have lost this phone a long time ago, but I really like it.  I am curious to know if anybody else out there found a solution to this problem.  I was told by UbreakIfix that the motherboard was bad and needed to be replaced.  I never had it done and it's a long story I don't want to get into over here, but what an absolute NIGHTMARE!!  

Please tell me if you have had any success with fixing this problem because I still have the phone and would like to know what the resolution is/was.

Thanks so much!

0 Likes