Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10e believes to have the latest update

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 08:55 AM)
MiniBuffels
First Poster
Options

Hello.
I've had my Galaxy S10e for about 2 years now and it stopped getting updates in February 2020. It says "Your software is up to date" when i manually search for a new update with the phones software updater. The phones has Android 10.

Software update information
     Current version: G970FXXU4BTA8 / G970FOXM4BTB1 / G970FXXU4BTAA
Security patch level
     February 1, 2020

I live in Sweden so the software version does not match with those countries that come up when I Google the different versions. I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

I've tried:

• Deleting cache through the recovery mode
  • Factory reset the device 2 times
  • Update through Smart Switch
  • Different networks (Wi-Fi networks and mobile data)

Smart Switch show the same information as the phones software updater (thinks that the software is up to date) but give a different name of the version installed currently, TA8(NEE) | Model name SM-G970F | Android version 10.

I don't know what to do anymore and all guides I've followed have failed me.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Is / was the handset tied to a specific network provider or from outside of Sweden? There are sometimes issues when a specific provider stops pushing their tweaked updates or handset is moved outside of its intended region.... saying that (NEE) indicates it's a Nordic region firmware.

Looking online then G970FXXSFHVF1 looks to be a recent firmware, based on Android 12 and up to date security patch. You could manually flash the firmware to this latest version and there are guides online to do it (but it would be at your own risk and if you feel confident).

Have a look at:
https://galaxyfirmware.com/model/SM-G970F/NEE/G970FXXSFHVF1
0 Likes
Alister75
First Poster
Options
Hi. I have exactly the same issue with my S10e. I use this as BYOD & my company will shortly disable the BYOD functionality as the security update is not current.
Were you able to install the latest security patch & how pls?
0 Likes