Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S10 Upgrade Program

(Topic created on: 27-02-2019 03:38 PM)
sammyh25
Pioneer
Options

I've had the email prompting me to login to my upgrade program today to select the S10 model i want to go with.  I fully expect this won't go live until after the launch at 7pm UK time tonight.  However the only web address I can find for the upgrade program comes back with invalid loan number and/or surname when I try to login.  I was just trying to get ahead of the game and check all was working before going for the upgrade later tonight.

Can anyone advise what the correct link is for the UK Galaxy mobile upgrade program?  Can you also check if you get similar errors when trying to login, or is it just me?

Thanks.

345 REPLIES 345
Eric1812
Explorer
Options

Alas no..sadly think there besieged with problems ..good luck though..I think both Samsung X Klarna suffering indegestion with their support services neither responding to emails sent last week..so that adds to everyone's frustrations. 

0 Likes
Eric1812
Explorer
Options

I have logged a complaint with a handy problem solver but only valid as long as we are still in EU so do so before end March!Trust Brexit to get involved in this too! 😥

It's a special department of the EU free service available to all citizens of EU countries. It's called the Online Dispute Resolution Solver via Google Search. Advised to use as bank is Swedish based..but I don't hold much hope ..of cxl credit agreement X £89.99 deposit being refunded although the UK Credit Finance gives us a cooling off period of 14 days without reason to cxl a loan agreement.

0 Likes
mill26
First Poster
Options

Don't think you were asking me Dazza but just to tell you about my situation and the resolution I chose. I had so many issues it just started to cause too much frustration and waste too much of my time trying to solve. I didn't want to miss out on this pre-order and earbud promotion so I just did a new payment plan entirely which we enter into to upgrade anyway. I will be in control of when I get rid of my current handset so can always change my mind within the 14 day cooling off period. I'll sell my handset elsewhere for the amount required and pay off my previous agreement. If the upgrade program had more perks, which it should, and better services for their loyal customers, I would've stuck it out but essentially there are none! To me, however, the Samsung S10 is far more suited to my needs than any other phone on the market currently but I highly doubt this will stay the case and, in 2 years time, I will most likely be leaving Samsung for a better company which values loyalty. 

0 Likes
Hayhome70
Apprentice
Options

I'm still getting a message saying i've already upgraded. I emailed the Samsung shop nearly a week ago who said they would reset my upgrade lounge but still no joy they haven't even replied to my last email.

0 Likes
Eric1812
Explorer
Options

Hi my fellow Samsung Voucher customer. Result but took 60 minutes on the phone with very very helpful Samsung colleague in a far far away location! Use the 0330 726 7467 number and select option 2 then select option 1 the call back service.

After telling your expereince to this department you should be excaleted to next stage wher Macy handled the situation with patience and to my full satisfaction. Basically honouring the voucher with a replacement voucher for me to use online not a cash equivalent but this result suited me as the £50 was a surprise offer anyway! Dont depend on email zendesk as they seem in meltdown phoning was fairly quick to respond but tedious in time resolving but it was resolved and the number is a free number when calling from most mobiles. I hope this helps you and others but it was an effort! Macy and Will in the support centre were 10/10 unlike the joker who sent the £50 offer 24 hours too late to certain Samsung Upgrade Customers !!

0 Likes
Zandíí
Explorer
Options
Just to further confirm peoples comments above, just this second come off the phone after a call back in which i was given a £50 credit to the store. So if like you didn't get your email till after you upgraded the contract on the program its worth following up. Turned this experience around from the gutter to high praise from the latter Samsung team who assisted.
0 Likes
Jasthew
First Poster
Options

Did they mention the earbuds aswell? Or are we expecting to receive them through the members app? Any other confirmation been had. 

0 Likes
Zandíí
Explorer
Options

@Jasthew Thats already been confirmed in this thread by a mod that just like any other pre order we will be getting the buds via the members app once the phone is out :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Jasthew
First Poster
Options
@zandii awesome, thank you for the quick information.
0 Likes
alednorris
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone actually been able to use their £50 discount code against the phone in the Upgrade Lounge?

I've just got off the phone from Samsung and have been told that the discount code wasn't meant for Upgrade customers and there is no way to enter a discount when upgrading via the Upgrade Lounge.

Trying to work out if this is true or if i've been lied to.

0 Likes