Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10 Upgrade Program

(Topic created on: 21/02/19 17:37)
sammyh25
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I've had the email prompting me to login to my upgrade program today to select the S10 model i want to go with.  I fully expect this won't go live until after the launch at 7pm UK time tonight.  However the only web address I can find for the upgrade program comes back with invalid loan number and/or surname when I try to login.  I was just trying to get ahead of the game and check all was working before going for the upgrade later tonight.

Can anyone advise what the correct link is for the UK Galaxy mobile upgrade program?  Can you also check if you get similar errors when trying to login, or is it just me?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
TracyR
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey @sammyh25 

It's great to see that you're as excited as us in the office about the announcement!

When it's close to an unpacked event or launch the Upgrade Programme does temporarily close.

It will re-open around the time the pre-orders do. 

When it's time you can access your current agreement HERE.

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

View solution in context

345 REPLIES 345
Lembo
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yes, there's always been a deposit as it's a new credit agreement as it's a new purchase.

Sort of wished I didn't buy the IconX (2018) last month now though :winking-face:

0 Likes
Cmoore42
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Well im stuck now anyway as it says ive alresdy upgraded and wont let me go through it again 

0 Likes
Fester1
Back for More
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Itbsays im not due upgrade till april can i do amytjany guys to pay it 

0 Likes
Cmoore42
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Youll have to settle the agreement i think mate
Fester1
Back for More
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

The hoke thing or just till April thanks m8 and how do u do that call close brothwrs

0 Likes
Cmoore42
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I dont know. Maybe just till april or the whole settlement figure. Best call close bro and ask
0 Likes
abuelbanat
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

could someone perhaps point me to where I can find my loan agreement number?

I've looked at the emails received with the S9 purchase (upgrade program) but unable to get any of them to be accepted this time around for the upgrade?

0 Likes
Ke11
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So managed to order/upgrade but at the end when it showed the order number rit also showed a completely incorrect email address, something like payguest@mail.com

0 Likes
Astrates
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Do a quick search for Klarna in your inbox, hopefully have a welcome email from January time when they bought out Close Brothers.

At the top of that mail you'll have your loan agreement number.
Nickinix
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Go onto your internet browser history and look for deko and it will take you back to the page you clicked out from.
0 Likes
Cmoore42
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Ahhh i cant do nothing now untill my account wakes up and realised i havnt upgraded my contract
0 Likes
abuelbanat
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
thanks - perfect advice.

Got it - only prob is that I have to wait until April to upgrade .....
0 Likes
Cmoore42
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@Nickinix ive found the deko page but will it still go through? Even though ive clicked out of it? X
0 Likes
Fester1
Back for More
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Me two wish there was a way to pay and upgrade
0 Likes
Astrates
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Only way I could imagine would be to sell off current device and pay off the remainder of the loan.

Not sure on financial smarts of that move but the only option I'm aware of.
0 Likes
Newstarter
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello

Im new to the upgrade scheme. Took it out for the S9.

Can someone explain to me the process ?

If I upgrade and my phone is in suitable condition will the old credit agreement be paid off and you start another agreement ?

If this is the case I will be getting less than £300 trade in value that is on offer at the moment.

Am I missing something ? Would be more beneficial to pay off old agreement and take out a new agreement and trade in my S9.

What is the advantage to the upgrade scheme ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Callummack
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It's cheaper for me to sell my s9+ and buy the s10+ outright than use the upgrade program. 

It also looks like I dont get the ear buds if I upgrade. 

What exactly is the point?

It'll cost me more as a loyal sammy guy than a newbie. 

What a crock. 

I'm selling the S9 and buying another phone. 

0 Likes
Nickinix
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@Cmoore42 I've just done it and now had an order confirmation saying my upgrade to the s10 plus.
Cmoore42
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I looked at paying my phone off. Only i worked out the settlement figure and i still owed about 450 and with the phone being valued at 350 max for this offer, i thought best to stuck with the upgrade plan as samsung settle the agreement for my s9+ and then open a new one for your new phone once they have recieved ur old one
0 Likes
Michaelolah
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Just done the upgrade I don’t understand it why did i have to pay another deposit when i am sending my phone back and also it sent to a weird email address after this have been a really poor expirence from samsung 

0 Likes
Cmoore42
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Smashin, cheers

Btw i thought someone said earlier that they spoke to samsung and they said we can claim the earbuds on the members app after we get the phone?
0 Likes