Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U (US unlocked) still stuck in Android 11, no update available

(Topic created on: 11-10-2022 08:20 AM)
smsngmissteps
First Poster
Options

There doesn't seem to be an update available. All resources found show updates for most other S10 phones to Android 12, but not in this group. Where's the update? When will it be available? I'd get a new phone if they had one with the same features, but they dropped features that weren't profitable.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
S10 will only get quarterly updates
0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
Download smart switch for PC and update this way, if you are using a US phone in another country the OTA updates don't work anymore
dj9494
Voyager
Options
Try smartswitch app to update your mobile. If not works go to a service center and ask them to update your mobile
smsngmissteps
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the replies. By stuck, I meant there isn't an update available, not that I can't install it. For whatever reason, Samsung has decided that my phone doesn't get an update, this is verified here: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s10-plus/firmware/SM-G975U/USC/

Scrolling down, the latest version available for my phone is Android 11. Why is that? Why can't I update? Anyone from Samsung care to comment?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @smsngmissteps ,

that may be down to your device not being an EU/UK one. If you haven't been able to upgrade this using the Smart Switch programme as the rest of users here recommended, please do take this to one of our Support Centres so one of our engineers can update this for you. If you are in the UK, you can locate your nearest one from here: How to get your mobile device repaired | Samsung UK

0 Likes
Tinderpal
First Poster
Options

I have Same Case, MyS10+ us Unlocked region is Xaa same as Your, I tried several tricks no working. but Last Week I Flashed Android 12 Us Rom Via Odin and It Got Sucessful Updated To Android 12 from Android 11. Now I am Using This Phone No issue. Latest security patch installed also Several Bugs Fixed. Using old Software was Laggy and Buggy experience I feel myself. So Try to Go for A Risk then I dowoad Latest Android 12 rom from www.samfirm.com and Flashed Via Odin. I got sucess in first try no data wipe or formot. You don't need to find Any tutorial or csc Change option. If you flashed a Different region rom latest Android 12 then region was Still default it not changed. I am Also Buyed this Uae and Using in India from one year. After one year I flashed and Now I enjoying Android 12 feature in my S10+ snapdragon model. 8/128 

So I recommend you to flash latest rom Via Odin only and Not try to do anything else. No code no app will change your csc. 

After flashing device will updated and Your region will be same as Default uae.

If you have any questions then ask me my mail id or channel Tinder tv sikh channel 

0 Likes
Tinderpal
First Poster
Options

You can Easily update just Flash with Odin 

Simple step you need pc 

Download rom Android 12 latest for G975U if You Have s10 Plus Snapdragon unlocked. 

Download rom

extract rom 

Download Odin and extract

Follow instructions ap for ap file bl for bl file cp for cp and csc for csc filebefore this Just remeber download full package rom it almost upto 4 to 6Gb fileflash with Odin official flashing tooland enjoy if you doubt then I will check community again you can ask me. I will do free but you do at your own risk 

I do myself all this at my Owen risk and got successfully 

0 Likes