Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S10 notifications/sounds INCREDIBLY LOUD

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 05:14 PM)
IHaveNoIdea
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I just got a new S10 (not refurb) and the ring and notification sounds are SCREAMINGLY LOUD even though I've adjusted the volume sliders on each to *barely* above silent. I've had to keep it on silent to avoid startling myself and my coworkers, but I can't keep it on silent forever, and I shouldn't have to! I've seen this reported on Reddit and it seems like a widespread problem but I haven't seen anyone with a solution. 

Has someone figured out a way to adjust the volume beyond the sliders in Settings > Sounds and Vibration? This is obnoxious!

33 REPLIES 33
pete007
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
goto settings ... notifications and sound ... see if you can alter the volume from there
0 Likes
IHaveNoIdea
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

From my post:

"Has someone figured out a way to adjust the volume beyond the sliders in Settings > Sounds and Vibration?"

The post literally says my volume is adjusted all the way down exactly where you're talking about. 

0 Likes
pete007
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
have you looked at the bottom on the notifications page ?? sound is listed .. I have just checked my own phone
0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
When you press a button on the volume rocker, the actual device volume should pop down. Click on the small arrow on the right, which brings down more sound options.

From there, adjust your "System" and "Notifications" volume to your heart's content.
0 Likes
IHaveNoIdea
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Still no, this is exactly where I have adjusted the volume down to nearly silent.

Hey Samsung, maybe pay some people to do this support so I don't have to waste my time with a bunch of people not reading what I said, telling me exactly what I've already done - and in the case of pete007, treating me like I'm the ***** simply because he couldn't read the post.

AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@IHaveNoIdea: This is a strange one, as typically the necessary volume adjustments are made via Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume, which I appreciate you have already tried. Do you have any custom notification sounds or ringtones assigned to your phone? If so, try selecting a default option for both to see if this helps at all. 

0 Likes
IHaveNoIdea
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It's still way too loud no matter what sounds I'm using. This has been reported on Reddit as well, with no solutions found.

Members_KqKNW1d
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I've exactly the same issue with Note 10+. New, not-branded, official distribution phone, not modified in any way software. No custom sounds or rings, no applications that could affect it.

When I set Ring Volume to minimum it is still extremely loud. 

DSD3
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

also happens on my s9

0 Likes