Original topic:

Galaxy S10 Gallery Editor not Working

(Topic created on: 05-04-2020 04:28 AM)
Lee8V88
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Evening All,

I have an issue related to the the Gallery app on my GS10. After an unrelated issue, I reset the cache in the general settings. Since then, I can no longer edit photos in the Gallery app. It displays a message saying I need to allow permissions in the Settings - however there are no permissions linked to editing photos... least not ones I can see..

Any guidance??

Cheers

Lee

The "Settings" link shown in Blue does Not respond to touch input.The "Settings" link shown in Blue does Not respond to touch input.

Sent from my SM-G973F
9 REPLIES 9
Henryc-s434
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm having the same problem, i can only edit it if i take a screenshot of the original picture then quickly press the edit button. Other than that it's really annoying. 

AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@Lee8V88: I had a look into this and some folks on the US forum suggested going to Settings > Apps > Photo Editor > Permissions > Allow 'Storage'. Let me know if this does the trick.
0 Likes
Crewguy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I am having this same issue. When I go to apps, I don't have a Photo Editor app to change settings in. This is so confusing as it worked fine until a couple of days ago. Thanks

Lee8V88
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hi Andrew,

I did check for a photo editor in Apps at the time I posted this however there was no such thing.

However, the Gallery update as part of the April OneUI update has corrected this issue.
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes
Lee8V88
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hi Crewguy,

The April OneUI update appears to have corrected the issue.

Suggest you update at earliest opportunity.

Br

Lee
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes
febin
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

go to -App info-permissions-storage-see all app with this permissionn(search for photo editor) -storage-and select allow.

0 Likes
AN551_91
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yes that works for me! Thanks 😊

0 Likes
RockinBee1999
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This worked!! Thanks!!

0 Likes
ParameshB
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi, now it's working fine, thanks a lot. 

0 Likes