Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy s10 front camera too zoomed in

(Topic created on: 12-03-2019 04:06 PM)
RebeccaB
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I recieved my S10 today (after a huge faff with wrong delivery times and dates yesterday) and the first thing I've noticed is how zoomed in the front camera is. It's even worse in-app on Snapchat and Instagram or WhatsApp. I can't even take a front camera photo of me and my son as it doesn't capture below my shoulders. I've tried changing loads of setting in the camera app and the phone settings and even the app settings but nothing works. Does anyone have a fix for this? (As a single parent the front camera is my best mate for quick snaps of me and my Son!) I hope Samsung sort this out asap!!! 

181 REPLIES 181
NicKhos
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So if we are listening to Samsung they have created a phone for using it only in official apps. They are saying that Facebook is a third party bla bla bla .... Then tell me why it is preinstalled on the phone ? So Facebook is a third party or not then ... 

0 Likes
NicKhos
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

But guys remember that Samsung is not Apple and I think they will do everything to bring back the no zoom camera so just wait for an update of rhe OS 

0 Likes
Bulldog99
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Samsung has no control over how apps are developed to work with the camera. That's what app developers are paid to do , to make sure their app is compatible with any camera. You get 2 modes with the front camera in normal use and they work as they're supposed too. I just Googled

https://www.google.com/search?q=snapchat+camera+not+zooming+out+on+galaxy+s10&rlz=1C1VLSB_enGB792GB7...

And got pages of references to this going back years to around 2016 across pretty much EVERY device.

0 Likes
mikehippo
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@NicKhos wrote:

Everyone of us use social media. That's the most important thing on a smartphone "sharing your moments with friends". I don't understand how it is possible to release one of the most expensive phone on the market withour testing it correctly in popular apps. I'm bored and unsatisfied ...

I do not use social media so personally I could not care less, not everyone is the same you know. 

0 Likes
Tdmt9
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This issue has been going on for years. I had the Galaxy s8+ and couldnt use it in Snapchat. Now the Galaxy s10+ is even MORE zoomed in. I waited two years for them to fix the Galaxy s8 and they never did so I have absolutely no hope that the S10 will get fixed or at least fixed in a reasonable time. I realize the issue is not with the Samsung camera but with the camera interacting with apps but this is unacceptable. I've waited so long for this phone to come out. It was expensive and I preordered .I am sadly thinking it is going to have to be returned because I cannot take the chance of going past the return window in hopes that it gets fixed when my last phone never was. Till this day I can't use my s8 for Snapchat 

iRiaz
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

While I am also miffed at this too, the solution I found was to take selfies using the camera app itself and then upload it to instagram/stories or snapchat via gallery 

0 Likes
Jaydjones
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@iRiaz wrote:

While I am also miffed at this too, the solution I found was to take selfies using the camera app itself and then upload it to instagram/stories or snapchat via gallery 

I've been doing this too but the problem comes with videos because if they're longer than 10 seconds you cant edit them or add captions to them in snapchat. It's a minor inconvenience yes but if I'm paying $1000 for a phone I dont expect these minor inconveniences.. especially after they did all this boasting about giving app developers free reign over their cameras 

Tdmt9
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

If you upload after using the normal camera you completely lose the ability to use the Snapchat lenses which is one of the main features 

0 Likes
iRiaz
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Ah yeh true that I forgot about that. I'm glad I'm abit camera shy these days but I surprised no youtuber reviewer mentioned this at all.

I really hope the app developers optimise asap....such an expensive phone
0 Likes
KS89
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Its not an actual Samsung issue, its an issue with the actual apps. I spoke with Samsung support and they said to reach out to technical support for each app. If enough people complain, they may do an update to fix this. 
0 Likes