Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy s10 front camera too zoomed in

(Topic created on: 06/04/21 23:24)
RebeccaB
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I recieved my S10 today (after a huge faff with wrong delivery times and dates yesterday) and the first thing I've noticed is how zoomed in the front camera is. It's even worse in-app on Snapchat and Instagram or WhatsApp. I can't even take a front camera photo of me and my son as it doesn't capture below my shoulders. I've tried changing loads of setting in the camera app and the phone settings and even the app settings but nothing works. Does anyone have a fix for this? (As a single parent the front camera is my best mate for quick snaps of me and my Son!) I hope Samsung sort this out asap!!! 

179 REPLIES 179
Flayla
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Can this be resolved using root?

I wonder if we can change the APi sefault camera settings.

I would root my device for this... 

0 Likes
Meshe11
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
if you want to look like a sumo wrestler in all your picture the s10 s10+ is the phone for you!!!

samsung has done nothing to fix this issue. no point in using snap chat or tik tik. the camera makes u look 10 times the size and u will be lucky to get your whole face in the pic.

well done Samsung can't fix the issues on s10 s10+ but u will release a new modle.

worse samsung phone i have ever had!!!!
Flayla
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This was resolved by snapchat, I verified on S20

Can you please verify on your S10?

0 Likes
Tdmt9
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Mine is much better! S10+ thank goodness. Snapchat definitely not as zoomed 

0 Likes
RGBoles
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the exact same problem. I can't get me and my kids in frame for a selfi, or when we are on a video call which is more often now with social distancing.

0 Likes
randrade649
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Help me i have the same problem are they gonna fix this?

Its not a cheap phone my friends should be allowed to enter my selfies.

0 Likes
km17
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

does anyone have the samsung galaxy a41 and could tell me if it has the same problem? I tried the m31, I could not use the front camera on instagram, the 6.5 inch screen was basically filled with my face only, and a bit of neckline...horrible. I would like to get the a41, but not if it has the same issue. I am afraid all samsung 2020 phones might have this problem... 

0 Likes
Bleona
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
When I use certain apps (Instagram, WhatsApp) for the camera my face is zoomed in but when I take the picture it's zoomed out. Or even when I video call in WhatsApp my face is zoomed in but when I pause the camera it us zoomed out.
0 Likes
MikhailSab
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same problem on S20 + and S20. No solution for a long time. The next phones will be from Apple.

jack6503
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

i got android 11 on my samsung a40 now.

its possible to save setting in camera app to not zoomed in.

but whatsapp is still zoomed in.

so i think whatsapp needs to update their application. 

0 Likes