Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10+ dead after update

(Topic created on: 21-05-2021 04:48 PM)
ZaViaX
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

I updated my phone last month, and during the startup screen (SAMSUNG logo), it froze. After 1 hour, I tried resetting it, with no result. The update had been pending for about a month, I always wait a little with updates, if there are any problems with them.

Normally I always backup my data, but this time i didn't, and now I'm f*cked. I have tried clearing the cache, with no luck. I don't want to hard reset my phone and lose my date, because I have pictures of my little daughter and more, that I hadn't made a backup off yet.

Anyone has a solution to this?

PS: Sorry for my English, I'm from Denmark.

9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@ZaViaX: I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this issue. If you power off the phone, then press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds, are you able to boot up the device in this manner? If not, can you try switching off the phone, then press the Power and Volume Up keys together until the Samsung logo appears on screen. Release the buttons at this stage, and you should see a Recovery Mode screen. Using the Volume Down button, scroll to Wipe Cache Partition, and hit the power button to select it. Select 'Yes', then scroll to Reboot System Now on the Recovery Menu, and tap the Power button. If the phone remains unresponsive, or won't boot up as normal, then please reach out to Samsung Support in your region for further assistance. 

https://www.samsung.com/dk/support/

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Yes ZaViaX AndrewL has given all the best remedies to your problem and given them well but when I had a similar experience some years back I just let the phone run flat and when I powered it up again this was fine. This may not be practical though if your phone is nearly fully charged as the screen on logo would only drain the battery slowly and you may be waiting days!.. Good luck regardless. I DREAD this happening after every update and always have. The frozen Samsung logo of update death.. 😬😬.. 👍👍
0 Likes
ZaViaX
Apprentice
Options

I have tried all that you and suggested, unfortunately without any luck. The danish support just told me send it in to repair at the nearest Samsung associated repair shop. But I know that will just end in a erased phone. So that is not an option, because I want to save my data and pictures from my daughters birth.

0 Likes
AlexGbr
Pioneer
Options
What about put all the data in a sd card or transfer them to your computer/laptop/tablet and then reset the phone entirely is not that hard just few minutes!
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Reading through the thread I don't see any mention of the need to be connected to a PC to access recovery.

Smart Switch Emergency Firmware Recovery may be an option.
0 Likes
ZaViaX
Apprentice
Options

I can't access my phone, it's stuck in the boot process.

0 Likes
ZaViaX
Apprentice
Options

I have tried this without any luck.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Clark64
First Poster