Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s10 Chat messages

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 04:03 PM)
Doranges17
Apprentice
Options

I can't figure out how to turn off chat messages so I can send regular texts. I'm trying to send texts to someone out of country and the person doesn't have data service, only text and call. I've been through the message settings and where there should be an option to "Set Default Messaging type" there is nothing. 

Screenshot_20220410-160837_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, what app are you referring to? The image you've uploaded doesn't look like Samsung Messages app.
0 Likes
Doranges17
Apprentice
Options

That is my chat settings page of the default Samsung messaging application. Accessed through Messages> Menu (3 dots on right hand side)> Settings> Chat Settings.

I found this forum post that says I should have an option to change from chat messages to regular SMS through that settings page. This is the other forum post. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10-series/chat-messages/td-p/4063077#:~:text=On%20the%20....

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is this a UK device ? It looks like Verizon messaging.
0 Likes
Doranges17
Apprentice
Options

It is a US device on T-Mobile

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That explains why it looks different. I suggest posting on the Samsung US site as people there should be familiar with this app version. Sorry I can't help.
0 Likes
Doranges17
Apprentice
Options

I didn't even realize this was UK, directed here from google. Thanks for your time anyways.