Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10 cameras not working

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 03:21 PM)
xyco
Apprentice
Options

A couple of weeks ago both the cameras of my Galaxy s10 stoped working. When I open the camera app all I see is a black screen with only the shutter button and the one to switch cameras. Same for all apps that use the camera except for Snapchat and Whatsapp where the cameras would sometimes randomly come back to life during a video call. 

Sometimes the camera app would force close with a message "camera failed" or "you can not use more than one application that uses the camera at the same time".

I've tried everything that I found online including a hard reset but no luck so far. 

Android  11

One UI 3.1

Exynos

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Ubayd
Explorer
Options
Try putting your phone into safe mode by:

1) Turn your phone off
2) Turn your phone on
3) When the Samsung logo appears, hold down the volume down button
4) See if this fixes your camera
xyco
Apprentice
Options
No luck 😔
AndrewL
Options

@xyco: Sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your camera. Can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data, then restart the phone. Also, open the Galaxy Store > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Updates, and check for any Camera app updates here. If the issue persists, open the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Camera. Does this test return any errors? 

xyco
Apprentice
Options
No, luck. The members app says to restart the phone and update which I've done, still not working
Zaynahw
First Poster
Options

Any luck getting this rectified? I'm dealing with the same problem. 

Nb2021
Student
Options

Did you manage to fix the issue? I'm facing the exact issue now. Please help!!

xyco
Apprentice
Options
Sorry, didn't manage to.
umar nadeem
First Poster
Options

Hi,
I also facing the same problem with my phone is  also getting hot and losing battery, is there any solution?

0 Likes
Monkeyshotgun
Journeyman
Options
I'm getting the same issue, is your phone contract up for renewal? Mine is. Wondering if it's linked..
0 Likes