Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S10+ battery drain since november update

(Topic created on: 23-11-2019 01:40 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Since I updated my S10+ to the November security patch yesterday, my phone doesn't go into deep sleep mode anymore.
It drains more than 10% overnight with airplane mode on and Wi-Fi disabled, while this was about 1% before the update.

Also, the app AccuBattery tells me my phone is in deep sleep 0% of the screen off time, while this was about 90% before.

I already optimized everything in the Device Maintenance app, rebooted my phone and cleared the cache in the recovery mode, all without any results.

Other people also seems to experience this problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/durtp9/anyone_else_with_huge_battery_drain_after/

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Android-system-battery-drain-since-October-security-p...

13 REPLIES 13
thahim
Journeyman
Options

Whats deep sleep?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
It's also known as doze. It just means your phone goes into a low energy consuming mode when your screen is turned off, instead of only turning your screen off.
https://source.android.com/devices/tech/power/platform_mgmt#doze
0 Likes
ChrisIvanoff
Journeyman
Options
It's so worse that I had to carry a powerback for the first time since I got the phone. Accu Battery reports 4 hours mixed use left with 60% battery. I am really triggered by this battery draining. Samsung please don't wait until December to fix this!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

The only solution I have found is performing a factory reset, this completely solves the problem.

Nevertheless, this is of course not the most desirable solution.

Come on Samsung, you can't expect your customers to perform a factory reset to solve this problem!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

After I had performed a factory reset, the problem seemed to be resolved, but since I restarted my phone yesterday (for the first time since the reset), the problem is completely back.

Please Samsung fix this!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

it is a shame no one from samsung replied.

Same here, also my device overheats more and i get 1 less hour of screen on time. Open another thread please and ask everyone whihas open a thread about rhia to do the same. It is the only way to have this fixed. Thank you

ArnieWilson
First Poster
Options

I have an S9 and so does my wife. Both experiencing the battery drain from the update. Charging at least twice a day! 

Is it worth a factory reset and restoring the phone or is that me just back to square one again? 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I then updatee to android 10. Battery drain still there, google play services now has decided to use at least 5 per cent in background per charge,one ui uses 2 per cent and the hard reset did not resolve. It is the os,but samsung superusers still stay it is normal and no one else is experiencing this and that there is no battery drain

0 Likes
Solution
ChrisIvanoff
Journeyman
Options

Actually for me the Android 10 update fixed the issue completely.  I can easily get 5 hours of screen on time and also have the device on battery for more than a day. It's the best battery life I have ever had with this phone

0 Likes