Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S10 App Group Problem

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 06:06 PM)
Kylen
First Poster
Options

I've been grouping my apps together in folders on my phone.  Is there a reason that I can't add the google photos app to a group?  I know how to do it, it's just not letting me.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It should allow this @Kylen 

This is my Google Folder.

Screenshot_20200602-054244_One UI Home.jpg

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Kylen
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much.  So now I know that it does work - now I just have to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  LOL.  Thanks!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Kylen: As the Google Photos app is already housed in the Google folder in your apps menu, then this might be why you're experiencing difficulties moving it. It looks as though @BandOfBrothers may have customised the existing Google folder by adding and removing some apps, but leaving Google Photos where is is? Sadly I'm unable to troubleshoot this as I don't have access to an S10, or Android 10 device, but can you try going to Apps > Google (folder) > Press and hold on Google Photos, and drag it out of the folder. Are you able to do this? If so, press and hold on Google Photos once more, and drag it over another app, and this will group them in a folder together.
0 Likes
Kylen
First Poster
Options

Hi @AndrewL ,

On my apps page, all the google apps (all the ones with the google colors in one design or another) are separate.  I'm trying to put them in a folder altogether.   I was able to create a folder named "Google" and put every other google app in it.  I just can't get the Photos one to join in.  I am able to move it into another random group, just not this new one I created.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Kylen: That's strange, because these apps should have been grouped together by default in a Google folder (default folders are Google, Samsung and Microsoft). Have you tried pressing the '+' (add) button in the Google folder, as well as dragging and dropping Google Photos? What happens when you try and add it?
0 Likes
Kylen
First Poster
Options
@AndrewL: When I first opened apps, they were all listed separately. I've been grouping them. When I try to drag and drop it just skips over the folder moving the folder left or right away from the photos app. That doesn't happen with any other folder, I'm able to add the photos to every other group. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I'll keep monkeying around with it. Thank you for your help.
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Kylen: What happens if you open your created Google folder, tap the '+' button and select Google Photos? Silly question, but covering all bases, have you tried adding another app to the Google folder, just to make sure it's not at capacity (if that's even possible)? Failing that, it may be worth creating a new folder with Google Photos in it, and moving all your Google apps there to see if you can work around it that way.
0 Likes
Kylen
First Poster
Options

I just did that and it worked! I started with the photos app, joined it with another google app to create a folder. After that, all of them were able to be moved right in. I had tried the '+' button, but the photos app wasn't even listed in the list. Not sure what was going on, but I rebooted my phone and everything seems to be working now.  Thank you!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Kylen: Glad you were able to get it sorted :smiling-face:
0 Likes