Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy In-Call Minimum Volume too loud!

(Topic created on: 29/01/21 16:48)
JJ_huff
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm using a Galaxy s10+ . I love my phone.  I am using non-Samsung headphones+Mic. I am stuck on hold and the minimum In-Call volume is TOO FREAKING LOUD!!!!! I don't even have great hearing! 

I HAVE the sound assistant app.

I selected the "phone" app to have sound assistant provide "Individual app volumes". I put phone app at 1% and it's not changing anything. The sound assistant app says "no apps are using audio" while I'm in the middle of a call. 

I tried a different dialer app with same results.

Clearly in-call volume is in a league of its own.

Clearly there is some software somewhere that is keeping the volume at a minimum.

We need the minimum to be lowered.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
In developer options, theres a toggle for 'disable absolute volume' - turn this ON.
0 Likes
JJ_huff
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I've tried this as well to no avail. 😕

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
In Bluetooth settings, what happens if you select call audio only?
0 Likes
JJ_huff
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm not finding this option. only thing close was a link to dev options, but that line is missing from dev options when I navigate there 

Screenshot_20210206-142452_Settings Suggestions.jpg

0 Likes
JJ_huff
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Keep in mind, this was an issue with a hard wired headphones/mic set, so bluetooth shouldn't affect? I can get my bluetooth call volume down well by disabling absolute call volume as you mentioned 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
My apologies, I forgot they were wired when I made the second suggestion. Next, try switching Dolby Atmos off.

I have been researching this and a lot have the same issue as you and across all brands. It seems very hit or miss. I have a few sets of headphones and none have issues so I was surprised to see how widespread an issue it is. I'm not sure what more to suggest, sorry.
0 Likes
JJ_huff
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I did look at that as well. It was "off" for everything but "on" for gaming. Perhaps that could have affected. Going to be hard to replicate the problem as it was the hold music for a particular company.  Thanks for the help

0 Likes