Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Full Screen Bug with Samsung Galaxy S10

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 06:54 AM)
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

I recently went into landscape mode and noticed that my phone refuses to go full screen. My apps use to go full screen and the only thing blacked out were the camera holes. Now It always shows a black bar where the camera holes are. When I boot up an app it goes full screen for a quick second but then a black bar appears across the right hand side where the camera holes are. Even when i try YouTube in landscape mode this black bar is on the right side!

All my apps use to fill the entire screen but now my phone doesn't use the space under the camera holes! I'm not sure what happened, please help me.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Edukovic
Explorer
Options
Actually it won't. I've had this issue with my Galaxy S10 and later with Galaxy S10e. Tried all the factories reset possible, cache cleaning etc. I've even tried contacting some developers of the apps I use that have that black bar under the camera cutout. They all say they can't do a thing.

The funny thing is, some games do work full screen, others don't. I just hate this cutout camera for giving me this headache, it'd have been better not to implement it if for those bugs (and no, I'm not gonna hide the cutout, since I'd lose screen for the apps that do work fullscreen).

View solution in context

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

you can force apps to go into fullscreen mode by going into settings->screen->fullscreen apps and from ere you can choose wheter you want the app to choose if it wants to be rendered in fullscreen or you can force it to run in fullscreen mode.

Have a nice day!

0 Likes
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

I tried changing the apps I use to full screen and it works for some, but other apps like YouTube and Wikipedia still won't go full screen. The area under the camera holes is either plain white or just blacked out completely, as if my "Hide Camera Cutout" option is being enabled whenever i go into landscape mode.

Is this a problem anyone else has encountered or am I just really unlucky and my samsung galaxy s10 glitched out?

TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

Sorry to reply twice, it wouldn't let me edit my last post.

Here's a screenshot of what I am talking about:

This is the YouTube app when it loads the video for a split second.This is the YouTube app when it loads the video for a split second.

This is the YouTube app playing the video.This is the YouTube app playing the video.

As you can see, when the video is loading there are no black bars. However, after the video is loaded, the left and right sides of the screen have those black bars.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

It is normal if the video is not in 19:9.

If you pinch to crop in they disappear?

0 Likes
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

19:9? I'm not sure what you mean. My camera is 16:9 and my screen resolution is 3040x1440

Here is one more screenshot of a game that's suppose to be in full screen mode but the left side where the camera hole punch is at is completely blacked out while the right side is fine:

Left side has black bar but right side is fine.Left side has black bar but right side is fine.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I was not referrimg to the camera.

I meant when you are watching a youtube video unless it has been shot in 19:9 you will see the black bars on its sides (the so called pillar box).

If you pinch the video gets zoomed in at the bars disappear on both sides.

If by doing so you remains a little bar near the camera cutout i would suggest you a hard reset.

0 Likes
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

Oh ok! That makes sense, i found a video shot in 19:9 4k and it runs full screen! But that doesn't explain why my other apps are refusing to go full screen. I attached 3 screenshots.

19:9 4k videos seem to work fine in landscape.19:9 4k videos seem to work fine in landscape.But wikipedia and some game apps are still not full screen.But wikipedia and some game apps are still not full screen.Screenshot_20200424-111638_Wikipedia.jpgAs you can see, some apps have the left side blacked out or unused. I know for sure these apps would run full screen on my phone!

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

That is probably due to the app not supporting fullscreen at 19:9. It is up to the developer to make it work

0 Likes
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

Hmmm do you think there might have been a phone update that caused this? I mentioned before that these apps would run full screen automatically until yesterday, then i had to manually go in and set them to full screen and even then some don't work right.

This is very frustrating, thank you for all your help!

0 Likes