Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Full Screen Bug with Samsung Galaxy S10

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 06:10 PM)
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

I recently went into landscape mode and noticed that my phone refuses to go full screen. My apps use to go full screen and the only thing blacked out were the camera holes. Now It always shows a black bar where the camera holes are. When I boot up an app it goes full screen for a quick second but then a black bar appears across the right hand side where the camera holes are. Even when i try YouTube in landscape mode this black bar is on the right side!

All my apps use to fill the entire screen but now my phone doesn't use the space under the camera holes! I'm not sure what happened, please help me.

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Nothing:winking-face:

0 Likes
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

I just recently bought this phone and i was looking up my problem online. Some people were having an issue back in 2019 about an update messing with full screen apps. I'm still getting updates for my phone now and then, so maybe an older update seems to be a issue?

I'm going to keep you posted because i have this beautiful 6.4 inch 4k screen yet some apps aren't working properly...so frustrating!

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yeah.. i would try a reset.

By the way the screen is 2k:winking-face:

0 Likes
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

Reset my camera settings? Or my whole phone?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

The whole phone. But you have to back up your data otherwide it will be lost

0 Likes
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

I tried looking up more information, do you know of any other customers with this problem? Maybe not exactly the same but apps not appearing full screen when they should?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Personally you are the first one i encountered with this problem

0 Likes
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

This screenshot taken AFTER I switched the app to full screen modeThis screenshot taken AFTER I switched the app to full screen mode

This screenshot taken BEFORE I switched app to full screenThis screenshot taken BEFORE I switched app to full screen

0 Likes
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

I attached these 2 pictures, showing that when i switch to full screen mode my app is still not using all of the screen. The first picture is AFTER i switched the app to full screen mode and the second picture is BEFORE i switched the app to full screen mode.

Notice how even in full screen mode(1st picture) the app is showing a plain white bar instead of black bar, not using the full screen.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yeah quite strange

0 Likes