Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For trade in does "good condition" still count with scratches on the back of the phone?

(Topic created on: 15-01-2021 11:11 AM)
jayrdi
Apprentice
Options

I want to trade in my Samsung Galaxy S10 for an S21 and am unsure whether to choose "good condition" or not. There are some scratches on the back of the phone in the top corner but not on the screen. Rest of the phone is in very good condition and works very well. 

Please can someone advise? I don't want to go through with the transaction if they are going to say it's not good condition and charge me full price for the S21...

Thanks,

John

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
From past experience they (Samsung) are good with that kind of stuff. They are not as picky as Apple for sure but I would try enter both options to see the price difference? Also highly recommended trying to sell it on FB or something yourself maybe for the same price they are giving you!
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
you can definitely select good condition as long as the phone is just scratched and it doesnt have a cracked screen or back.
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @jayrdi ,

as @APARMAR stated wear and tear will be accepted. If you'd like you can check what are the minimum requirements that the devices must meet at page 4 on the Trade-in terms and conditions, found here: https://images.samsung.com/is/content/samsung/p5/uk/trade-in-terms/SAMSUNG-MOBILE-TRADE-IN-PROGRAMME...

jayrdi
Apprentice
Options

Yeah sorry, I wrote "scratches" when I actually meant "cracks". So there are some small cracks on the back in the corner, not on the screen or camera. I thought originally that this would mean it was "good condition" but now I'm not so sure...

Problem is that "good condition" gets you £300 off the price of the S21, whereas "bad condition" gets you £205 off. I signed up for the Klarna payment plan where you pay off the price at 0% over 24 months at ~£18/month. This was based on the £300 discount though... I don't know how that works if they decide it's actually a £205 discount. Probably too difficult to know and I'll just have to wait and see. I assume it will just mean I pay £22/month instead.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
phiggi11
First Poster
Options
Hi. How did this work out for you? I have exactly the same situation
0 Likes