Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint Sensor

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 07:58 AM)
S10userUK
First Poster
Options
Hi,

Since last month I have been having issues with the fingerprint sensor on my Galaxy S10 phone. It will no longer read any scans, constantly gives an error of "make sure your finger covers the entire sensor" and then on the odd occasion it does sort of read I get the "press harder" error. Very, very rarely, I get "No Match", so I know the reader does work, sort of. 

I have tried to remove prints and readd them, but these errors also come up in the add fingerprint section, so I cannot add new fingerprints. 

I have tried different fingers, made sure hands are clean, dry, etc. 

I do not use a screen protector, so that is not part of the issue. I have also tried the more sensitive screen option in the settings. 

I have tried clearing the cache as recommended by Samsung. Nothing seems to work. 

I'm wondering if this can be caused by a software update, like the monthly security patches, etc. Or do I have a sensor that is now beginning to fail?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Maple1
First Poster
Options

mhm, I have the same problem with my S20 until now since like 3 months ago, this particular problem should be followed-up ASAP

0 Likes
Nickwrr
First Poster
Options

Hello, I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S20 from the past 9 months. It is so frustrating. I will try to factory reset it, but seeing the other replies, I may think it is a software update issue. How can we contact Samsung support about it?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Nickwrr: If you head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Fingerprint recognition, and follow the on screen instructions, does this return any errors? If not, please refer to the steps in the link below to see if you're able to resolve the issue.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-fingerprint-scanner-isnt-working/

I also recommend heading to Settings > Biometrics and security > More biometrics settings > Biometrics security patch, and check for any available updates that might address the issue. 

0 Likes